1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox spares - where? (v 1.1 mainboard).

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kramer, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

Just been trying to fix a m8's version 1.1 xbox after a failed "modding" :rolleyes: .

Several traces damaged which I've repaired but it still refuses to boot (red/yellow flashing led after 3 attempts to boot).

Removing the d0 connection results in the same but with red/green flashing (he borked the d0 points both front & rear :eek: ).

I've checked everything at length but all traces seem OK now & there's no shorting. The mod chip has been binned - box now back in standard but unworking condition.

So where can I find a v 1.1 mainboard? Any point even trying for one?

TIA :) .

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When I looked last they were about £40.

There is one on ebay for £35ish atm. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91526&item=8155091802&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I used to know of an online shop to buy them but Ive forgotten it im afraid (they were about 45). They also come up quite regularly here: http://www.worldxbox.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Might be worth a look. However given the deals on xboxes at the moment it may be worth buying a new one and selling the remaining parts of his current one. Especially if there is a samsung dvd drive or something....

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Wait until the new year. There will be hundreds of hardly used xbox crystals on ebay. People whose kids wanted a PS2 slim have been buying them XBoxes so they have something for Christmas. PS2 will be back in stock in a couple of weeks and they will be selling off the almost new xboxs :thumbsup: Can get them new for around £90 so I reckon there will be plenty available for around £50 - £60.

As the other guy said, sell the Hard drive, dvd drive, case and controller and other parts from the faulty one on ebay. WIll get back at least £30 I would think.