1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox sound out of synch via optical

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Morton, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Morton

Morton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected my Xbox via the Advanced Scart lead with an Optical lead to my Tosh Sd43HK dvd.

On certain games the sound drops out of synch with the visuals. I can correct this by reselecting the input source on the dvd player and it realigns.

Does anyone else have this problem or know why it's doing this?

eg PGR2, I have to reselect the source once on the initial boot, Crimson Skies I have to reselect it now and again after a level has loaded, Top Spin I have to select it virtually every time a new screen is loaded. :(

Pretty much all my other games don't have this problem.

Is it something like a signal sent by the game, indicating where the sound should be, is getting interrupted?

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,235
    i'm a bit lost.....why you putting your x-box into your DVD player?

3. Morton

Morton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The SD43 is a Home cinema dvd all-in-on jobbie so I can use the surround sound etc.... :)

4. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I get this problem sometimes when watching DVD films (not come accross it on a game though). On the films it is something to do with the way the sound is put onto the disk, it uses 'flags' so the player can align the sound with the pictures, these can get out of allignment hence the problems.

Anyway, when watching a film I just pause the disk and then re- start and it seems to do the trick rather than having to completely re start the whole film. It may work on a game ? You've probably already tried this but just in case.

5. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have never had this problem myself.

The only time I have encountered something slightly similar is when I left the sound up on my TV. My TV and AV system seem to be very, very fractionaliy out of sync.