Xbox Series X

Ive been playing the mass effect games and the HDR on them is fantastic. in game cut scenes can look a bit too coloured by over all it really adds to the game and the load times are even smaller now.

mass effect 3 benefits from HDR load times and additional resolution as everything is very sharp now not blurred like it was originally.

I thought about replaying them but then they announced the remastered Trilogy so I am waiting :)

There are 3 categories - Durango but enhanced in some way (like MCC unlocking FPS etc). Durango but gen9aware -these have more substantial work done to them but still in XDK. Gen 9 (Scarlett) for full blown X/S games.

I just compared Breakpoint on the One X to the Series X. It's X Enhanced on the One X and Optimised for Series X|S on the Series X.

One X Breakpoint graphic options:
  • Graphic fidelity: Native HD resolution with maximum graphics options. (30fps)
  • Resolution: 4K resolution with some graphics options a bit reduced. (30fps)

Series X Breakpoint graphic options:
  • Performance: Native HD resolution with maximized refresh rate and graphic options. (60fps)
It runs from external storage on both consoles.

I also noticed the One X Games & Apps section has the Optimised for Series X|S and X Enhanced console type filters, so perhaps this is an oversight by Microsoft on the Series X, as it would make more sense to have both of these on the Series X Games & Apps and not have the Optimised for Series X|S one on the One X.

I just compared Breakpoint on the One X to the Series X. It's X Enhanced on the One X and Optimised for Series X|S on the Series X.

One X Breakpoint graphic options:
  • Graphic fidelity: Native HD resolution with maximum graphics options. (30fps)

Series X Breakpoint graphic options:
  • Performance: Native HD resolution with maximized refresh rate and graphic options. (60fps)
It runs from external storage on both consoles.

I also noticed the One X Games & Apps section has the Optimised for Series X|S and X Enhanced console type filters, so perhaps this is an oversight by Microsoft on the Series X, as it would make more sense to have both of these on the Series X Games & Apps and not have the Optimised for Series X|S one on the One X.

I guess it might come down to whether the velocity architecture is being used as too whether it needs to be on the faster internal storage, at present these games are not taking advantage of it so run from external but still doesn't explain the arrow icon on the Master Chief tile after I finished downloading the patch.

I've been a bit bummed that you can't stream from Series X to PC as I used to play in the lounge on my Surface when wife overruled TV.

There is a test app floating around that allows this and I've finally found the workaround via reddit. Solution below for those interested..

1. Go to https://store.rg-adguard.net
  2. Copy/paste this URL and click the tick
    URL: Buy Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) - Microsoft Store en-GB
  3. Grab this file towards the bottom: Microsoft.XboxGameStreaming-ContentTest_1.2011.1701.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.appxbundle
  4. Once download, double click to install - you may need to enable side loading in windows security settings if it gets blocked.
  5. Launch the app, select Series X and done
Works pretty well, though I can't get sound just yet.

If they just made xcloud work on surface/Windows 10 I wouldn't care about the functionality loss on my surface pro. It's so frustrating they seem unable to develop the app for Windows simultaneously.

Interesting write up on the current development situation on Xbox from Tom Warren. Echoing what had been talked about pre-launch in terms of the Xbox tools coming in hot and needing some work. Statement from MS - which doesn't say much. Interesting line about waiting for full RDNA2 hardware integration putting them behind, something Phil Spencer said yesterday in his interview...we know Xbox have Machine Learning integrated onto their chipset and I think they are working with AMD to develop their version of DLSS - so one assumes the plan is to get that on console....interesting times.

Can anyone with a LG CX confirm when playing a game with 4K HDR and 120Hz refresh rate selected that it shows 5.5Hz in the freesync info bar? Should it not say 120Hz? If I select 60Hz in the Xbox it shows 59Hz in the freesync info bar? Is this a bug with the freesync info bar when selecting 120Hz?

Got my shock blue controller delivered today from Microsoft, they had £10 off offer on and Amazo had sold out before I could use the extra series x £10 off code as well.
But top service form MS, ordered yesterday and arrived today.

Can anyone with a LG CX confirm when playing a game with 4K HDR and 120Hz refresh rate selected that it shows 5.5Hz in the freesync info bar? Should it not say 120Hz? If I select 60Hz in the Xbox it shows 59Hz in the freesync info bar? Is this a bug with the freesync info bar when selecting 120Hz?

Yes can confirm that's a bug. You would know if its 5.5hz, lol.

Yes can confirm that's a bug. You would know if its 5.5hz, lol.
Thank you.
Do you just leave the series x in 120Hz at all times or to you have to adjust according to what the frame rate the game is?

I wish I could get a series X but not much chance now, I can’t be bothered chasing stock leads here there and everywhere.

I’m more excited for one now more than ever, I think the wait will be worth it with a lot of bugs ironed out by the time I can walk into a shop and buy one with ease.

Roll on 2021, first quarter anyway🎉

I wish I could get a series X but not much chance now, I can’t be bothered chasing stock leads here there and everywhere.

I’m more excited for one now more than ever, I think the wait will be worth it with a lot of bugs ironed out by the time I can walk into a shop and buy one with ease.

Roll on 2021, first quarter anyway🎉

Its an absolutely outstanding machine and well worth getting. I’d say that it has reignited my gaming simply because it’s like being on a supercharged PC. Everything is so quick and smooth. My experience with it has been flawless - some of the games are a bit buggy sure, but we are in a pandemic. Not had a single crash or issue with the machine itself. It’s also so quiet you can’t even tell if it’s on.

Im in bit of sticky one want to pick up a series X but GAME bundles are stupid god knows what crap my local store has bundled with it, also paranoid about them wiping my £194 GAME credit got to wait till they get them in stock again.

First world problems indeed.

Its an absolutely outstanding machine and well worth getting. I’d say that it has reignited my gaming simply because it’s like being on a supercharged PC. Everything is so quick and smooth. My experience with it has been flawless - some of the games are a bit buggy sure, but we are in a pandemic. Not had a single crash or issue with the machine itself. It’s also so quiet you can’t even tell if it’s on.
I’m totally sold, it’s definitely the right console for me. I don’t mind waiting but it can be painful reading posts on here because I just want to play my games on it, games that I haven’t finished, it might just be the added incentive to finish a backlog of games.

i already know where it’s going, exactly where the One X is sitting now, the series X poses no placement issues at all for me, and been black it will just blend in.

personally my opinion about series X is some what different i would say you can wait if youve got an xbox one X. Theres been nothing that has felt like its a must have, it just feels like an upgraded xbox one

sorry thats just how i feel about it

personally my opinion about series X is some what different i would say you can wait if youve got an xbox one X. Theres been nothing that has felt like its a must have, it just feels like an upgraded xbox one

sorry thats just how i feel about it
How you feel about the Xbox is how I feel about the PS5. I never bothered with Xbox last gen (I had a One S because it worked with my Sonos Beam - DTS). I've got the Series X and game pass and I'm loving it. Everything looks great, haven't had any major issues, very impressed with the hardware and software.

Now the PS5 isn't wowing me, I had a PS4 Pro (With internal SSD), the only next gen game I've bought is Miles Morales but haven't played it as haven't finished Spiderman. Astro Playroom didn't grip me. Feeling a bit meh over it.

The ultimate skin!
2b30d9d.jpg

Watch Dogs DF - to save everyone the 10 minutes -...PS5 and Series X versions are identical - aside from a couple of bugs - AF worse slightly on SX but config files show it shouldn't be and puddles aren't reflected on PS5. So two minor bugs, but other than that identical.

Watch Dogs DF - to save everyone the 10 minutes -...PS5 and Series X versions are identical - aside from a couple of bugs - AF worse slightly on SX but config files show it shouldn't be and puddles aren't reflected on PS5. So two minor bugs, but other than that identical.

Great comparison again from DF

Glad I went for an X and not an S even for my 1080 display !

Great comparison again from DF

Glad I went for an X and not an S even for my 1080 display !
My Series S holds up really well but on this game it does look a bit worse. Still ray tracing at 1080p for £250 is a bargain. Unbeatable.

I think whatever you play the game on it looks crap at night it looks decent. day time looks all jaggy, on closer inspection it's the reflections what cause this look but theres better games out there and I'm yet to be won over by Ray tracing I'd much rather 60fps

My Series S holds up really well but on this game it does look a bit worse. Still ray tracing at 1080p for £250 is a bargain. Unbeatable.

That's true but it's not the same RT and didn't DF say it dips below 1080 ?

That's true but it's not the same RT and didn't DF say it dips below 1080 ?

I think it more or less holds 1080p and the RT is pretty similar just lower resolution and shorter cut off. The main thing I’ve noticed is lower IQ which seems mainly to be down to the AF being lower which sounds like a bug. But yeah it’s £250...it’s performance for price is unbeatable. I can even play ACV in 60FPS now on it...crazy.

Don’t get me wrong I prefer the X as my main console but on a 1080p TV the S is great. And many many people just don’t care enough about details to care...it opens up next gen gaming in a way I think is impressive. Think of kids or students or more casual gamers...what a super option it is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom