Xbox Series X

Hard to say. 4k 120hz is pretty much bleeding edge and a lot of TVs which support it were released before devices which used it actually existed. There are known issues on LG OLEDs for example which LG need to fix. Similarly the Xbox is pretty new and I wouldn’t be surprised if it required a few firmware fixes to get it running as stable at it can be. I’m just going to ignore 120hz on my LG C9 for the time being. I can’t actually imagine me playing games at 120hz anyway as my preference would be to suck at 60hz and get the extra graphics bells and whistles.

I'm the same, not bothered about 120hz really, 60hz with better graphics is my preference. Despite that I do have my series x in pc mode with 120hz enabled on the series x.

Are you using 60hz then and in pc mode?

Any games support 4k 120fps and ray tracing with no downfalls to having 120hz enabled?

Ray-tracing is a huge resource hog so you won’t find any 120fps game with it enabled.

Ray-tracing is a huge resource hog so you won’t find any 120fps game with it enabled.

Is it in game where you can change this then, so say I have 120hz on series x enabled, in game would there be something that says enable ray tracing at say 60hz, or play at 120hz without.

Or would I need to change it at console level

Is it in game where you can change this then, so say I have 120hz on series x enabled, in game would there be something that says enable ray tracing at say 60hz, or play at 120hz without.

Or would I need to change it at console level

Yea it will be an in-game option such “Quality Mode” for best quality “Performance Mode” for best performance etc

Yea it will be an in-game option such “Quality Mode” for best quality “Performance Mode” for best performance etc

Is that also the case with Series X Call of Duty, as I read on PS5 that it takes its performance options from how the console is set and you can't change it via the game's menus? Seems a silly user experience, so hope other games don't adopt this approach.

Is that also the case with Series X Call of Duty, as I read on PS5 that it takes its performance options from how the console is set and you can't change it via the game's menus? Seems a silly user experience, so hope other games don't adopt this approach.

No idea I’m afraid but that does sound stupid in regards to Cold War on the PS5.

I think on Xbox you have to set the 120Hz mode in the settings on the console but think you can also change it in game down to 60...

Agreed....not a chance of that in this generation.My guess would be that any games capable of running at 4k 30fps on the one x will be capable of 4k 30fps with Ray tracing on the series x or 4k 60fps without Ray tracing. Games most likely to end up with ray tracing at 4k 60fps will be games that hit that target on the one x. This will include stuff like FIFA or Forza Motorsport. 4k 120fps with ray tracing is beyond the current consoles.

I’m gaming on a LG C7 so need to keep switching back and forth between 4K@60 and 1080@120 for certain games.

Not ideal, but not a massive ball-ache either.

It’s funny how quickly you get used to higher refresh rate though. I fired up Warzone without remembering to switch to 120hz and noticed it immediately and had to quick re-enable it

Does anyone have a £10 off a controller code with Amazon that they don't need? Would really appreciate it. 👍

Does anyone have a £10 off a controller code with Amazon that they don't need? Would really appreciate it. 👍
Sent you a private message.
Use the code quick, don't think it has long left.

I have a £10 controller voucher as well if anyone needs one

Have I read somewhere you can turn Raytracing off / on in settings?

Or is this within the actual game?

I was impressed with Cold Wars graphics, excuse my reflection I need a darker room!!
C226B660-214B-4E29-84F5-02E680443C37.jpeg

now i thought putting the series X in the display settings to 60hz ment it actually limited out put to hdmi 2.0 levels of 18gbps

Last edited:
ive noticed the white sparkles in a couple of games gears 5 and man of medan and gamma flickering in battlefield 1. turning off VRR solved it on each one.

ive noticed the white sparkles in a couple of games gears 5 and man of medan and gamma flickering in battlefield 1. turning off VRR solved it on each one.
I'd take VRR flicker over screen tearing any day you might not have flicker as the games you mentioned are older but valhalla and dirt 5 without VRR is a tearfest

Anyone using a HDMI cable that didn’t come with the Xbox? I need a 3 meter ultra high speed? Are any certified yet?

What do you guys make of the recent Digital Foundry comparison of Dirt 5 between the SX and PS5?

What do you guys make of the recent Digital Foundry comparison of Dirt 5 between the SX and PS5?

Personally, couldn’t care less, not watched them, but get the gist of them from what I’ve read.

I bought a Series X because I’ve always preferred Xbox to PS, not saying PS is bad, I’ll buy one a PS5 at some point.

Not that bothered about PS exclusives either.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom