Xbox Series X

Hopefully its just the bots that are getting stung with it. It can be a little confusing but if you're savvy enough to be using Amazon then you should be savvy enough to understand that one is not out yet, one is names Series, the other is One, and when its saying delivered tomorrow you should know its the wrong thing. I had a few family memebers as which one and i said get xbox Series S, and thats exactly what they bought and they dont have a clue.

Hopefully its just the bots that are getting stung with it. It can be a little confusing but if you're savvy enough to be using Amazon then you should be savvy enough to understand that one is not out yet, one is names Series, the other is One, and when its saying delivered tomorrow you should know its the wrong thing. I had a few family memebers as which one and i said get xbox Series S, and thats exactly what they bought and they dont have a clue.

Regular gamers yes, parents rushing to get their kid one for Christmas maybe not, plus the launch day rush making some not double checking what they clicked.

Regular gamers yes, parents rushing to get their kid one for Christmas maybe not, plus the launch day rush making some not double checking what they clicked.
If they didn't check what they were buying then they are idiots.

Might sound a bit sad but its been a sh*t year all-round and it nice to have something to look forward to!

This year has sucked for me and my family. I am in the process of being made redundant, uncle died from complications with Covid, my mum was hospitalised and nearly passed away and my wife had a miscarriage !

So yeah I thought fudge it and pre-ordered the Series X to cheer myself up. Roll on November and the end of this shitty ass year !

This year has sucked for me and my family. I am in the process of being made redundant, uncle died from complications with Covid, my mum was hospitalised and nearly passed away and my wife had a miscarriage !

So yeah I thought fudge it and pre-ordered the Series X to cheer myself up. Roll on November and the end of this sh*tty ass year !

Kinell - no words. Hope you have an amazing 2021 - cos if anyone deserves it....

So yeah I thought fudge it and pre-ordered the Series X to cheer myself up. Roll on November and the end of this sh*tty ass year !

Yeah that is one shite year and don't blame you for treating yourself. Hope you get another job sorted soon! 🤞

Think that's the thing. Many of us are wanting to treat ourselves after the shitty year plus its also a big step forward for console gaming. Its also safe leisure time other than TV, with no sports/shows/pubs/holidays for many of us.

I think there’s every chance that covid has seen a boost to the development of the digital life and economy, and gaming is a big part of that. An upside to the pauses in the ‘analogue’ world (there must be a better way of describing the non-digital life than ‘real life’. Digital life is part of ‘real-life’!).

Think that's the thing. Many of us are wanting to treat ourselves after the sh*tty year plus its also a big step forward for console gaming. Its also safe leisure time other than TV, with no sports/shows/pubs/holidays for many of us.
Yeah looking for alternatives to TV. In lockdown I've rediscovered Lego which has become a little bit addictive and the Wife & I have enjoyed some new board games. There's only so much TV you can watch. Now i have a new addiction the Series X!

Yeah looking for alternatives to TV. In lockdown I've rediscovered Lego which has become a little bit addictive and the Wife & I have enjoyed some new board games. There's only so much TV you can watch. Now i have a new addiction the Series X!

Not talking about me personally but thanks for the thought. I spend more time with Cycling, Reading, Music, Gardening than TV, plus 4 months of DIY :rolleyes:

Have loads of Lego in loft from when kids were young and I did love Lego when I was young too.

I’ve only ordered an S but it’s made me genuinely excited about the new gen again.

I‘m coming from literally decades of PS gaming so all the franchises etc on the XB are new to me and can’t wait to get Gamepass Ultimate up and running - it seems totally unreal everything you get for the monthly fee.

I haven‘t got a 4K TV yet and that’s why I went for the S. All year I had assumed I would get a PS5 so was mentally geared up for shelling out about £500 so just paying £250 is a total bonus plus basically nothing for the games.

This is not PS5 bashing but just an explanation of what switched me from PS. I really don’t like the design. I know that’s not that important so finally got my head around it but then realised the size. It’s absolutely ridiculous IMHO - it’s not just the biggest console ever, it’s completely out of proportion with everything else. Its just a personal thing, but my design sensibilities are for small and minimalist and the the PS5 is the exact opposite of both these things - conversely I love the Series S design (black vent notwithstanding :laugh: ). Also, the PS5 has no launch games that interest me - I have no interest in Spiderman (not into Marvel stuff at all)

Hopefully I will come back to the PS brand when the Slim PS5 comes out. It will have a library of games by then, a reduced cost and an improved smaller design. Also I’m excited by PSVR2 and don’t want to miss out on the next instalment of Last of Us.

Sorry to hear that mate. Terrible...I've had it easy in comparison. Hopefully things will turn around for you fella.

That totally sucks. Been through a few of those things myself.

Don’t forget to treat your wife as well!

Probably already been posted (missed a few pages over the last few days as I just couldn't keep up 😂) but thought it might be worth a repost in case anyone missed it and would be interested to watch it.

My Samsung 4k TV is fudge#d but don't wanna spend £2000 on a new TV, is hdmi 2.1 gonna be necessary because after several beers I don't think I'll need 120fps capable screen. (Samsung an Sony now added to my avoid list 😂)

Same happened to me a short while back, Samsung up and died - back lights failed. So I have gone the other way and running the cheapest 4K set recommened from here which was a Hisense, which I have enjoyed using so far. I will stick with it for as long as I can , which might actually be a while as its pretty good really, until HMDI 2.1 is common place and not hugely expensive option on a few sets.

I have to buy a new TV as I haven't got one! currently living out of an Airbnb waiting for our new build to complete.

I'm going for the Sony Bravia KD55XV9005 @ £999, HDMI 2.1.

I've just bought a new LG 55" CX - ready to test out those HDMI 2.1 features now.....hopefully :p

Been that busy I completely missed the pre-orders.

Let me know if you see any come up in stock 👍

Where are the damn videos!

Thats genuinely shit. Hope the next year is more joyous for you.

Cant wait to see vids for both XB and PS.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom