Xbox Series X

Remember when Xbox messed up there messaging during the Xbox one launch, and in particular the digital only thing and Sony promptly released that famous here is how you share a game on PS4 video

It won't happen but there is ample ground for a "how big is an Xbox .... its this big" video to be released. Or maybe a "When are pre-orders out ? In two weeks" or ... well you get the idea.

It isn’t happening because no doubt their games will be the same price, but the ultimate troll would be a video of Aaron Greenberg walking into a store buying a series X game and slapping down £70 and getting his change back....

But yeah.

Ha...
CaptureXbox.JPG

The PS5 is huge !
I actually don't think it would fit in my AV Unit.
Thought last nights showing and after was a bit of a shambles, they went and did an Xbox.
Huge Console, Cross Gen and messed up messaging.

Sony straight up lied about Believing in Generations, fair enough they have made the right decision to cash in on sales but will we hear about games being held back and no true Next Gen Games....nope. Will the console be mocked for being massive, will people moan about Pre-orders going up in the middle of the night and people not able to get one.

Just a huge mess imo and we've still not seen the console in the flesh and just renders and no breakdown, we don't know about the cooling, the UI or back compat situation.

I will hopefully get a PS5 Digital by the end of the year but I am happy with my decision of Series X at launch even more now.

The PS5 is huge !
Thought last nights showing and after was a bit of a shambles, they went and did an Xbox.

Sony straight up lied about Believing in Generations, fair enough they have made the right decision to cash in on sales but will we hear about games being held back and no true Next Gen Games....nope. Will the console be mocked for being massive, will people moan about Pre-orders going up in the middle of the night and people not able to get one.

Just a huge mess imo and we've still not seen the console in the flesh and just renders and no breakdown, we don't know about the cooling, the UI or back compat situation.

I will hopefully get a PS5 Digital by the end of the year but I am happy with my decision of Series X at launch even more now.

Couldn’t agree more. Thought the showcase yesterday was ‘OK’ but nothing more, and then as for the details that came out after...well, what a mess. I’m happy to stick with Series X and get a PS5 later on down the line.

Imagine if this was Xbox...there’d have been hell on 😂

Feels like ms dropped the ball on the games while sunny dropped the ball on the hardware. I was excited and really tempted by both but after watching all we know I think I'll be passing for a while. Seems like most titles I want for a while will be in Xbox one and PS4 for now, even then most of the exclusives seem to all be coming to PC, which makes me even more tempted to actually go all in on a decent pc instead with a mod range GPU. Just seems to be the platform that will be the best of both worlds instead of buying 2 consoles.

In the other thread, I voted Series S.
But if MS can come out with a Series V that will match or better Sony's Drive-less PS5 in price, That will be the push I need to switch from the Series S at this time.

Who am I kidding? When pre-orders go live, i'll probably get a Series X in ;)

In the other thread, I voted Series S.
But if MS can come out with a Series V that will match or better Sony's Drive-less PS5 in price, That will be the push I need to switch from the Series S at this time.

Who am I kidding? When pre-orders go live, i'll probably get a Series X in ;)

The V rumours were fabricated nonsense. It came from a codename within MS's software tools etc and is supposedly the new Series X grade server blades they will upgrade to for Cloud gaming going forward.

The V rumours were fabricated nonsense. It came from a codename within MS's software tools etc and is supposedly the new Series X grade server blades they will upgrade to for Cloud gaming going forward.

That's a shame!
A Series V would have been great for me.

The V may be nonsense, but there is definitely a space in the Xbox lineup for an all-digital Series X and the pricing model would certainly work too at around £350-380

I think we’ll see that sku in 2021

Yeah an All Digital Series X would do me nicely.

Reckon we will get a Halo Infinite Digital Series X at game launch.

Sorry, but is clear Microsoft have learnt from there mistakes and changed business model too, Sony is doing the same thing it did with the PS3 and doesn’t seem to have learned anything? Being manipulative with the truth, or lying, and not showing anything off, for instance they claim it’ll have a totally new OS but are asking you to pre-order without actually seeing the new OS.. they are IMO being arrogant again and expecting their popularity to get them through, I wonder if the games will run better on Xbox like they did in the 360 and PS3 days?

As the PS5 makes the Series X look small, that is what I will get. I like Microsoft’s design and I know it will run cool and quiet. Just can’t beat that Game Pass value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i agree a digital X would be great, i'm all digital myself but to launch a new gen with 3 SKU's would be a bit too much and obviously strain production further. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one came out a little bit later in the gen though. They'll probably gauge how well PS5 digital sales go as well as obviously the S, but that being at a different target audience wil be less telling.

I’d have an all digital X. I rarely use 4K blu rays anymore. So yeah would be ideal I guess.

Sorry, but is clear Microsoft have learnt from there mistakes and changed business model too, Sony is doing the same thing it did with the PS3 and doesn’t seem to have learned anything? Being manipulative with the truth, or lying, and not showing anything off, for instance they claim it’ll have a totally new OS but are asking you to pre-order without actually seeing the new OS.. they are IMO being arrogant again and expecting their popularity to get them through, I wonder if the games will run better on Xbox like they did in the 360 and PS3 days?

As the PS5 makes the Series X look small, that is what I will get. I like Microsoft’s design and I know it will run cool and quiet. Just can’t beat that Game Pass value.

And it will. The majority of gamers, those that just pay COD and FIFA each year, won't give a hoot or even know about any of the deception, they won't care about the bit of extra power the series x has, unless they are already all in on Xbox they will just want to get the "new PlayStation"

Finally cashed in the long service award I got from work a couple of years ago, so have £500 worth of Amazon Gift Cards ready to buy the Series X and maybe a cheeky bottle of Fortaleza Tequila.

And it will. The majority of gamers, those that just pay COD and FIFA each year, won't give a hoot or even know about any of the deception, they won't care about the bit of extra power the series x has, unless they are already all in on Xbox they will just want to get the "new PlayStation"

I think they’ll notice the £69 game prices.... and more gamers are clued up then you give them credit for.

FYI you were also wrong about the WiFi 6 in some aspects but I didn’t go into it as it was taking this thread off topic too much I thought. One for another day.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair to Sony (if they deserve it or not) there are only 3 games they specifically mention are going to be cross gen (am not saying there will not be more, but they have stated those 3) so they are still definitely taking a slightly different approach to MS who went all out for cross gen. I guess it is how you see the messaging - personally I didn't take it to me they would definitely not do a cross gen title, but they were differentiating themselves from the message MS were putting across, and I think that message is still true (BIG IF though - as long as it really is just those 3 and not all / most of the titles going forward).

That said I was still disappointed for HZD in particular and to a lesser extent MM - I am one of those that believe the developers will design to lower specs, so I dont want PS4 spoiling the possibilities of the PS5 in the same way I don't want Xbox one generation (or even the series S) spoiling the advancements possible with the Series X..... Just want developers to get on and amaze me with what they can do.

To be fair to Sony (if they deserve it or not) there are only 3 games they specifically mention are going to be cross gen (am not saying there will not be more, but they have stated those 3) so they are still definitely taking a slightly different approach to MS who went all out for cross gen. I guess it is how you see the messaging - personally I didn't take it to me they would definitely not do a cross gen title, but they were differentiating themselves from the message MS were putting across, and I think that message is still true (BIG IF though - as long as it really is just those 3 and not all / most of the titles going forward).

That said I was still disappointed for HZD in particular and to a lesser extent MM - I am one of those that believe the developers will design to lower specs, so I dont want PS4 spoiling the possibilities of the PS5 in the same way I don't want Xbox one generation (or even the series S) spoiling the advancements possible with the Series X..... Just want developers to get on and amaze me with what they can do.

Xbox have announced fewer cross-gen and more 'next gen' only games than Sony apparently....I think some of those next gen only games MAY come to Xbox One but that isn't announced yet.....

I kinda think that crowd (FIFA, COD, Fortnite, WZ) will be going Series S TBH. 250 quid for ‘next gen’.

Goddamit !
Might have to go for the S now or not upgrade at all.......bloody Dishwasher has packed in today and our shower tray is cracked. fudge SAKE !
And our savings were hammered over lockdown.

Can't catch a fudgeing break recently. List of things that have fudgeed me over and my family/wife the last 6 months is getting too long

The PS5 is huge !

What's happened or is everything explained on previous pages ?

Goddamit !
Might have to go for the S now or not upgrade at all.......bloody Dishwasher has packed in today and our shower tray is cracked. fudge SAKE !

Can't catch a fudgeing break recently. List of things that have fudgeed me over and my family/wife the last 6 months is getting too long

Bad luck. Had similar with a roof needing repair. Thankfully not going into work for months saved us loads of money. But hopefully nothing else needs doing that is major.

Goddamit !

My 2 year old 4k TV has just packed in aswell, dark all down right hand side and only 1 year guarantee because bought it from very 😭

My 2 year old 4k TV has just packed in aswell, dark all down right hand side and only 1 year guarantee because bought it from very 😭

That's why I only buy my TV's from John Lewis.
Had a Sony !080p 40" in the Games Room and after 4 years I had a Red Line across the screen, they came out wrote it off and gave me credit. Got a Samsung 43" 4K with credit to spare.

Just a shame my Lounge TV is going on 8+ years with no issues as that requires an upgrade but will have to wait.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom