Xbox Series X

Not to start an argument but for those that might not have seen ps5 will be the same price for the full and $399/£359 for the digital one.

Super interesting that the digital one seems to be the same without the drive and splits the difference between the 2 Xboxes.

Launch in some regions is 12/11 but UK it's 19/11.
Thats where I expected PS5 to be...after Xbox prices it was obvious. Though I thought £349 not £359...

DE is a good price...but as expected.

Cracking Price for the Digital Console. Wish Xbox had released a Series X Digital at £349. Would mean both Digital Consoles would be in my AV Unit come launch days.

Is ps5 de not 4k like its chubbier brother, unlike the series S (1440p) and its Sibling the X

Yes it is, but to me the Series S seems the better buy? Much smaller and still powerful. Will be interesting to see how the games perform on the little system, I saw a video review as they are out of the new Nvidia 3080 and it was hyping up how it’s hitting 1440P as the sweet spot for Series S does 1440P.

Series X it is. I see no compelling reason to jump platforms this generation. Although the internet would have you believe Sony has already won it.

@apolloa with regards to the Wi-Fi, while a v6 (AX) router/ap is backwards compatible with older Wi-Fi versions, the actual devices it connects to still only operates at the version they are built for so there is no benefit as such to running an v5 (AC) device on a v6 router. The cost of v6 is also very expensive right now and would have impacted on the cost of both MS and Sony if they implemented it in the consoles.

I'll be going wired as always with my consoles. It's not too difficult to get a length of Cat 5/6 cable and run it along floors/under carpets if you don't like using PoE plugs.

Last edited:
Not to start an argument but for those that might not have seen ps5 will be the same price for the full and $399/£359 for the digital one.

Super interesting that the digital one seems to be the same without the drive and splits the difference between the 2 Xboxes.

Launch in some regions is 12/11 but UK it's 19/11.

More interesting is that Sony seem to be backtracking on “We believe in generations”. A number of their ”next-gen” games are also coming to PS4, including Spiderman: Miles Morales and Horizon 2.

More interesting is that Sony seem to be backtracking on “We believe in generations”. A number of their ”next-gen” games are also coming to PS4, including Horizon 2.

They aren’t backtracking. They used some marketing speak to mislead people in the first place.

I think they completely didnt want to not say that is was possible but later on reconsidered if in any way the option to put a game on PS4 could not be ruled out in case there was no reason to not have the obvious choice that users like removed from what we can all agree in the end was neither the best option or in fact the only favourable outcome...Right ?

I think they completely didnt want to not say that is was possible but later on reconsidered if in any way the option to put a game on PS4 could not be ruled out in case there was no reason to not have the obvious choice that users like removed from what we can all agree in the end was neither the best option or in fact the only favourable outcome...Right ?

No offence intended mate, but I’ve read that 3 times and can’t make head nor tail of what you’re saying

They aren’t backtracking. They used some marketing speak to mislead people in the first place.

Well, whatever. It’s a bit shady either way imo...saying one thing and doing another, and leaving it in the small print

Well I completely didn’t want to not say that I haven’t a clue what it is you were not trying to say.....Right?.

Holy shit dude, it’s past midnight I can’t deal with this kind of nonsense.

I think more than the WiFi, it's more of a shame they could not put a USB C in there............ Given the size of the SSD in both the S X (and PS5) I was hoping to be using an external HDD and then transfer games onto the SSD to play them, but that will mean moving lots of data back and forth so the increased speeds would have been useful.........

It makes little difference in that instance, as transfer rates are limited by the read speed of a HDD which tends to be slower than the transfer speed that USB is capable of. If your using an SSD to store them then the USB would likely become the limiting factor.

A 7200rpm HDD tends to max out at 150MB/s, a tiny fraction of what USB is capable of.

Sure it works, its more an effeciency thing. Less wifi devices on a single AP means they all response more quickly and if there using a lot of bandwidth it makes a difference, I have a NAS providing video and 350 mb Broadband and the wifi is only used for tablets/phones in our house - I want the Xbox/PS4 PC/NAS and Firesticks able to access video and downloads as fast as possible and the tablets and phone to work well as there not fighting the consoles/TV for bandwidth. It part of my Job also so profession pride also pushes my to have a good setup at home.

Bandwidth is only really an issue when it comes to downloading or streaming tho, for gaming only a small amount of bandwidth is required, more important is the ping and reliability, which is where wired is far better, and why WiFi 6 isn't much help, as transmitting and receiving wireless introduces latency and increases your ping speed.

They just cannot stop themselves at the moment e.g.

PS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)

>> (excludes largest projection WHAT ? , excludes Base)

so its 390 mm + some more we didnt want to draw attention to and erm the base as well. so no idea if it will fit either upright or on its side now.

so its 390 mm + some more we didnt want to draw attention to and erm the base as well. so no idea if it will fit either upright or on its side now.

Yeah laughable considering it needs the base no matter which orientation.

No, his message made more sense than any of theirs...

Thankfully MS have been very clear about the vast majority of their messaging.

Sony are bordering on deception! I don’t like seeing companies operate like that as it makes me wonder what else they’re not being upfront about...

Arent they just meaning that the measurements dont include the base, not that the base is not included?

Remember when Xbox messed up there messaging during the Xbox one launch, and in particular the digital only thing and Sony promptly released that famous here is how you share a game on PS4 video

It won't happen but there is ample ground for a "how big is an Xbox .... its this big" video to be released. Or maybe a "When are pre-orders out ? In two weeks" or ... well you get the idea.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom