Xbox Series X

Nice do you live next to the amazon warehouse or something, I don't think I have ever had an amazon parcel delivered before 5pm here. :laugh:

Had them delivered to my work, not sure if that increases their priority or something but we were pretty far from anywhere out in the country side between Bristol and Weston.

Funny thing now though is our new premises are right next door to the DPD depot yet some days I get a delivery before 9am and other days I sometimes don’t get a delivery until after 5pm.

If you don’t plan on gaming between now and November 10th then I would do it as that price will come down in the coming weeks but personally I still have stuff to play so will likely not sell my X until the weekend before release, sure I will find someone that wants a mint condition Scorpio for £150

I don't have anything in particular to play on the one x that can't wait till I get the series x put it that way. Got Ghost of Tsushima to start on my ps4 pro before I sell / trade that in and that will likely keep me busy for the next month or so.

I don't have anything in particular to play on the one x that can't wait till I get the series x put it that way. Got Ghost of Tsushima to start on my ps4 pro before I sell / trade that in and that will likely keep me busy for the next month or so.

Then I would say do it, I sold my PS4 Pro a few months ago as I hadn’t played it for a while and knew the closer we got to the PS5 release the less I would get for it.

You also have to remember all access people have signed a 2 year contract, those buying outright haven't. Most subscriptions come down in price of your sign up for 2 years. It's likely ms writing up the profits and they will make enough having you on the hook for 2 years instead of signing up and leaving. It's not really any different to then seeking actual vouchers and charging less than month to month fees.

I still personally went be going all access, but that's because I know you can get game pass cheaper by other means to negate the saving over 2 years. That and I have to buy through a phone provider and I refuse to double my phone bill or reduce my internet speeds moving to them to get an Xbox, that would make it a hell of an expensive console.
For people not to Tech savvy the all access is very very convenient.

For those of us in the forums with bargain hunting skills and the knowledge it does become expensive, considering plenty of us have 3 years for £1 upgrade (I recently did mines to 2023).

Then I would say do it, I sold my PS4 Pro a few months ago as I hadn’t played it for a while and knew the closer we got to the PS5 release the less I would get for it.

Agree with this, I’ve sold my One S for £110 to Music Magpie as it’s more then CEX offer and my local Game shop seems to have closed.. I’m debating on weather to keep my PS4 Pro, sell it or give it to my nephew, I’ll be removing it from my setup once I get the new Xbox.
I just hope I can get just the Series X console, as I know how much resellers love to do bundles only.. I’ll just have a mouth money for the console though.

Well that was a farce at Game really, left it with them to check having already checked that the trade in was £220 plus 10% so £242 in good condition (it's pristine). Went back and they said all done , put the credit on my wallet and gave me a receipt. Got outside the shop and checked the receipt and instead of £242 it showed £220 , went back to query it and was told they bumped the price down cos they only considered the controller to be in fair rather than good condition. Asked them to explain cos I couldn't see anything wrong with it and just got fobbed off saying he was following the guidelines and tough basically. I said they should have mentioned it when I went back rather than saying all done and that was it. Anyway this is the apparently 'fair condition' controller (the white speks are just dust)
IMG_20200912_163437.jpg

IMG_20200912_163345.jpg

IMG_20200912_163413.jpg

IMG_20200912_163359.jpg

Bloody joke, I asked for it back and won't set foot in there again so their loss. All very well advertising a promotion for extra trade in credit but don't then knock the value down for no good reason and expect people to go along with it, not a chance...

... they only considered the controller to be in fair rather than good condition. Asked them to explain cos I couldn't see anything wrong with it ... (the white speks are just dust)
Some stuff doesnt show well in a pic though, rumble motors a bit worn, or the sticks not self-centering like new?
Also after watching CSI shows, one should always use a UV light to check for *cough* body fluids.

I've not used Game since i bought a Wii gun holder for my niece, but it was so massive she couldn't hold it. Went back the same afternoon (like within a few hours), saw the same salesperson, and they refused to refund because it wasn't "new".
Given the box had been opened by them before sale, and we never in plugged it in, it seemed to be taking the piss hard.

It was this House of the Dead handcannon iirc

I'd like to think i'd trade in my old consoles, but i usually end up putting them in the loft until they've got no value left :rolleyes: Did trade my 60GB backwards compat PS3 though, got a stonking price for it.

Anyone want a launch 360? original 20gigger, hardly ever red ringed, out of print and rare!

I'm still hoping for a reason to move my one s, hopefully xcloud and media apps alonng with using any headphones wirelessly might lead to me actually having some use for it elsewhere in the house. Xcloud still isn't being released here so I still want them to build in a link between the one s and series S/X that will let me play the new games over the LAN on a remote display. Considering the one s already had a wireless display app and remote play to PC/phones it's something I think they can implement as the boxes can already do this both ways in some form. Add in that one controllers still work on the series consoles there's no technical reason this can't be achieved.

Well that was a farce at Game really, left it with them to check having already checked that the trade in was £220 plus 10% so £242 in good condition (it's pristine). Went back and they said all done , put the credit on my wallet and gave me a receipt. Got outside the shop and checked the receipt and instead of £242 it showed £220 , went back to query it and was told they bumped the price down cos they only considered the controller to be in fair rather than good condition. Asked them to explain cos I couldn't see anything wrong with it and just got fobbed off saying he was following the guidelines and tough basically. I said they should have mentioned it when I went back rather than saying all done and that was it. Anyway this is the apparently 'fair condition' controller (the white speks are just dust)
View attachment 1364626
View attachment 1364625
View attachment 1364627
View attachment 1364628

Bloody joke, I asked for it back and won't set foot in there again so their loss. All very well advertising a promotion for extra trade in credit but don't then knock the value down for no good reason and expect people to go along with it, not a chance...

I traded a console into Game once - never again. Price got knocked down for all sorts as you say but it was always a few pounds here or there and not worth going to town about but ended up not getting what I had expected or they advertised. Hate that chain for that and many other reasons.

I’ve never had any issues with CEX trade-ins whatsoever.

Do you think it would be premature to trade in an Xbox one x for £242 today with 10% extra elite trade in credit? Seems a good deal to me
@zAndy1 I don't have Elite, but I guess that's something extra you pay for? Would it be possible to join that, get a cash payment for a One X, and then cancel it? Or are you tied j to some sort of monthly commitment?

I'm currently eyeing up their £198 cash offer for a One X atm, but if I can boost that higher with minimal fuss... 👍

Edit: Nevermind, just read your follow-up post. As person above mentioned, I also prefer CEX. Sadly they won't match GAME. All done online and sent them a One S and Base PS4, good prices during initial lockdown times too. They provide prepaid postage labels as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I use CEX’s postal service too. Completely hassle-free you just package the item, print and stick on a postage label and hand it over at the post office and next you hear you’ve been paid.

@zAndy1 I don't have Elite, but I guess that's something extra you pay for? Would it be possible to join that, get a cash payment for a One X, and then cancel it? Or are you tied j to some sort of monthly commitment?

I'm currently eyeing up their £198 cash offer for a One X atm, but if I can boost that higher with minimal fuss... 👍

Edit: Nevermind, just read your follow-up post. As person above mentioned, I also prefer CEX. Sadly they won't match GAME. All done online and sent them a One S and Base PS4, good prices during initial lockdown times too. They provide prepaid postage labels as well.

The 10% extra was just for credit not cash. And fyi you can join elite on a monthly basis for £3pm and cancel it at any time.
CEX are good but blimey they were slow processing something I sent you them for cash but I did get the full value so can't knock them for that

anyone find it odd there no option to buy a years worth of gamepass ultimate on the console and theres no option to buy a years worth of xbox live gold either

anyone find it odd there no option to buy a years worth of gamepass ultimate on the console and theres no option to buy a years worth of xbox live gold either

It’s been like that for awhile now we prompted speculation that the current subscription methods were going to change with Gold being dropped.

The 10% extra was just for credit not cash. And fyi you can join elite on a monthly basis for £3pm and cancel it at any time.
CEX are good but blimey they were slow processing something I sent you them for cash but I did get the full value so can't knock them for that
I'm only interested in cash as don't want to be locked to getting my SX from GAME. So I'll lass on Elite, cheers for the info on it.

The £198 cash is still a good chunk more than CEX offer atm. Do you know if they literally give cash, as I read somewhere about Paypal and photo ID also being required?

Could always trying selling it privately, I've sold 2 ps4s via Facebook Marketplace and sold them both within a day or 2 for a good price. Currently in my area they are going for about £240/250

Fantastic! So 8am all preorders start.... great news

Edit: just read above, it’s only for Game :(

I really wouldn’t worry as I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to pre-order, it’s not going to sell out in minutes and will be available from multiple retailers.

I'm only interested in cash as don't want to be locked to getting my SX from GAME. So I'll lass on Elite, cheers for the info on it.

The £198 cash is still a good chunk more than CEX offer atm. Do you know if they literally give cash, as I read somewhere about Paypal and photo ID also being required?

Think it depends what they have in till. Took my son to trade in some switch games last week for over £100 and he said something along those lines. Obviously go later in the day you should be ok.

I really wouldn’t worry as I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to pre-order, it’s not going to sell out in minutes and will be available from multiple retailers.

Also, there's the Series S available at the same time as the X, so I reckon that will take some heat away from the X pre-orders with its £200 cheaper price tag and still a new Xbox.

I just want to bag a Project Scarlett Edition. Hope they have one planned like they did for the One X.

Just traded my X to game and so along with my Pro I traded to CEX a few months ago that's over £500 cash towards the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Happy with that.

Although I'm now Xboxless for the first time since 2006. It's going to be a rough couple of months.

Just traded my X to game and so along with my Pro I traded to CEX a few months ago that's over £500 cash towards the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Happy with that.

Although I'm now Xboxless for the first time since 2006. It's going to be a rough couple of months.

If you're a gamepass subscriber don't forget Xcloud is imminent....

If you're a gamepass subscriber don't forget Xcloud is imminent....
I am. I've still got my pc and Switch, so all is not lost.

I'm subbed for Gamepass Ultimate until May 2022...if I get the 24 month sub deal for Series X, will it stack?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom