Xbox Series X

Xbox said they are producing plenty of units. So hopefully will be ok. Guess we will just have to wait and see. But yeah always tricky with trade ins.

Yeah that's good to know, but it depends how many each store gets allocated.

I saw a comment here that I can't seem to find to quote now. Someone mentioned GAME offer £220 trade-in for Xbox One X.

My brother is considering one of the new consoles, and with seemingly full Xbox One back compat there seems little point in him hanging onto it.

Before I suggest he trade his in, does anyone here have much experience with how GAME trade-ins work? Do you have to wait around why they test it? If you want cash do they literally give cash or do they need Bank/Paypal info?
I have traded in consoles before with Game, and from my experience, when I dropped off the console, they told me to come back in around 1 hour while they test everything. When I got back my store credit was ready. If you’re looking at trade-in they will give you a voucher/credit, but I’ve recently found out that store credit can’t be used for online pre-orders, so your brother will have to go in store to place his pre-order if you go the trade-in route.

There’s also the option to take cash, but this will be a bit less than the trade-in price, last time I looked it was £198. They usually pay by PayPal which I believe you’ll have to pay PayPal fees for doing that (it will be around £5 I think), so around £193 cash price (not gone this route so not 100% sure).

I was going to trade in my One X at my local game, but for cash deals they needed a photo ID which I haven’t got, so in the end I went with CEX, and used their Drop & Go service (today actually) and will be getting £182 paid into my bank account.

Looking at the prices on eBay and on here, the Game trade-in offer is very good.

Sods law says if I sell or trade in my one x I won't be able to get my hands on a series x at launch, that would be rather frustrating to say the least...

Apologies for posting in two threads but it applies to both...

So I wanted clarification on the whole GPU issue if you were to buy an S/X via All Access.

I found out via live chat that the All Access 24 months GPU will be baked into the console. So you’ll get an option to activate it there and then on the console when you’re setting up or later (which is done in settings). So if you have GPU until 2023 for example, you can let that sub go down, then activate the 2 years All Access whenever you want.

But I went further....

I wanted to know about the situation regarding buying outright so called Microsoft. Seems a bit unfair that people buying via All Access get GPU for 2 years and not those buying outright.. Now I can’t say whether this person had the right info or not but he seemed very confident that there was going to be a code of some kind (in the box of the S/X, emailed to you or on a receipt) saying that for £/$24.99, you get 2 years worth of GPU....

I literally got him to confirm this 3 times to make sure I had it right (only a technical support dude after all... ) Because for me, £449 + £24.99 (for 2 years of GPU) = £473.99 is a substantial saving. But he seemed adamant that this was a thing and would be announced soon (when pre orders go live perhaps?).

So yeah, massive essay from me, but thought I’d share what I found out. I’ll believe the outright info when I see it but the All Access stuff is a lock.

That would be great either way... Currently got 2 (ish) years left on my GPU subs, so being able to save the GPU from All Access until you need it would be great...

And IF the tech support dudes comments about the £24.99 for 2 years GPU on machines bought through Microsoft are correct then that would be amazing!!!!

Just sold my Cyberpunk Xbox One X for £240 (only paid £260) so banked that with second switch sale to pay for the Series X, just need to decide where to pre-order from (thinking Shopto or Amazon). Still think the PS5 is more exciting but my Son wants that for xmas so hoping MS can sort Halo Infinite out and announce some killer games down the line. Be using it on my new LG CX TV so that should be pretty amazing!

Apologies for posting in two threads but it applies to both...

So I wanted clarification on the whole GPU issue if you were to buy an S/X via All Access.

I found out via live chat that the All Access 24 months GPU will be baked into the console. So you’ll get an option to activate it there and then on the console when you’re setting up or later (which is done in settings). So if you have GPU until 2023 for example, you can let that sub go down, then activate the 2 years All Access whenever you want.

But I went further....

I wanted to know about the situation regarding buying outright so called Microsoft. Seems a bit unfair that people buying via All Access get GPU for 2 years and not those buying outright.. Now I can’t say whether this person had the right info or not but he seemed very confident that there was going to be a code of some kind (in the box of the S/X, emailed to you or on a receipt) saying that for £/$24.99, you get 2 years worth of GPU....

I literally got him to confirm this 3 times to make sure I had it right (only a technical support dude after all... ) Because for me, £449 + £24.99 (for 2 years of GPU) = £473.99 is a substantial saving. But he seemed adamant that this was a thing and would be announced soon (when pre orders go live perhaps?).

So yeah, massive essay from me, but thought I’d share what I found out. I’ll believe the outright info when I see it but the All Access stuff is a lock.

At first I thought you were talking about the actual GPU not 'GamePass Ultimate' and was thinking "what on earth is he talking about?" :D

That would be amazing if they did that but I can't see it personally.

Seeing the back again reminds me of my disappointment about the lack of Optical Out port.

Not good that. As if you have a 4K tv and 1080p amp You can not get the Dolby digital or HD-DTS if your tv can not send the Audio through to the tv to the amp u touched.
Seeing the back again reminds me of my disappointment about the lack of Optical Out port.

So how are you supposed To get DTS and Dolby if you have a 4K tv and don’t have a 4K amp ? Some TVs don’t have ARC or some TVs do but only steam 2.0 out.

Not good that. As if you have a 4K tv and 1080p amp You can not get the Dolby digital or HD-DTS if your tv can not send the Audio through to the tv to the amp u touched.

So how are you supposed To get DTS and Dolby if you have a 4K tv and don’t have a 4K amp ? Some TVs don’t have ARC or some TVs do but only steam 2.0 out.

Use the optical port on the TV.

That would be amazing if they did that but I can't see it personally.

They have to offer something to those buying outright though surely? Otherwise everyone will just go the All Access route.

Not really. The all access route is still more expensive over the two years

I see what you're saying. If you subscribe monthly yes.

Let's hope Amazon have learnt from the Xbox One X pre-order debacle and get it right for the Series X launch, as I'll likely use them, because I have a long service award from work I've been sat on that I can exchange for Amazon gift cards.

Let's hope Amazon have learnt from the Xbox One X pre-order debacle and get it right for the Series X launch, as I'll likely use them, because I have a long service award from work I've been sat on that I can exchange for Amazon gift cards.

Could you remind me what happened with Amazon for the Xbox One X launch? I got mine from Game and will likely do so again but have been thinking of using Amazon for Series X.

image0-1.jpg

Could you remind me what happened with Amazon for the Xbox One X launch? I got mine from Game and will likely do so again but have been thinking of using Amazon for Series X.

My Amazon One X arrived launch day at 10am.

My best mates order from Game never arrived, i managed to find him one on AVF classifieds tho so after a 100 mile round trip to Nottingham he got back home later that day a very happy chappy.

Just have to get lucky by the sound of it.

My Amazon One X arrived launch day at 10am.

My best mates order from Game never arrived, i managed to find him one on AVF classifieds tho so after a 100 mile round trip to Nottingham he got back home later that day a very happy chappy.

Just have to get lucky by the sound of it.

Hmmmm. I think perhaps wherever you get it, if you're going with delivery, there's always that risk. Maybe I'm old school in this regard, but going into a store in person to pre-order and then collecting safeguards against delivery issues.

Always used Amazon for day 1 consoles and they've all come on time - earliest was 915am for the X, latest was 6pm for the One! (They used DPD for both)

Is this for every retailer, or will some start early? Just want to make sure I get one :)

That's for Game. You'd think the others will follow suit.

A lot of people didn't get it till a few days later, think mine was nearly a week late.
I refuse to get my series x from them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom