Xbox Series X

I just prefer things set out the way they are on Xbox.
Find the endless lists on PS like I say quite basic.
Find PS not very user friendly, it does the job but am not a fan.
Cool, each to their own.

Its normally the other way around, as in people prefer the PS layout to the Xbox one.

Cool, each to their own.

Its normally the other way around, as in people prefer the PS layout to the Xbox one.
Yeah like me, i loved the 360 and even though I've bought 5 xbox ones this gen i always found myself going back to the playstation.
The xbox user interface is a mess in my opinion, and also not as responsive as the ps equivalent, they need to overhaul it for the series x

If people still buy them there is as a cheaper alternative to the series X. If they can sell an xbox one SAD edition for £100 and people can play new halo infinite and new forza on it i think they will continue to sell for a few more years yet.

with a similar life span as the xbox 360

I've actually just got myself a sad, they were hugely reduced and I'm only going to use game pass so figured it wasn't worth paying a lot more for the disc drive I won't actually use. I do think they missed a trick not putting a small SSD or large second HDD in instead of the disc drive, even just sticking in a bag we can add a second drive would have been a usp making people think it night be worth the punt over the normal one s.

I see people talking about current gen and next gen but I was under the impression this wasn't how the new consoles would work, it wouldn't be a brand new generation with new console specific titles like with the release of the 360 and Xbox One but rather it would be like PC gaming has always been where there will be a single game that will work on all consoles but the experience will depend on the console so for instance the next Halo game when played on an Xbox One S could be 720p/30fps but on the One X it would be 4K/30fps and on the Series X it would be 4K/60fps, something like that.

Basically buying the new console will be like giving your PC an upgrade with everything you already had working just like it always did but now taking advantage of the extra power to offer a far superior experience.
Not many people are including xCloud in their thought process of uses for the one series. If forwards compatibility is to be a thing the one s could in theory play 1080p games native or ramp up to 4K using xCloud as we know it can handle 4k video. It would be a good entry point, affordable gaming for the kids and for those with fast enough internet can still get 4k games. MS seem to be going in on game pass and I can see this being how they keep up their revenue, if they can continue to turn profit selling cheap Xbox one's and xCloud or game pass subs the money will continue to come in.

I've actually just got myself a sad, they were hugely reduced and I'm only going to use game pass so figured it wasn't worth paying a lot more for the disc drive I won't actually use. I do think they missed a trick not putting a small SSD or large second HDD in instead of the disc drive, even just sticking in a bag we can add a second drive would have been a usp making people think it night be worth the punt over the normal one s.

Not many people are including xCloud in their thought process of uses for the one series. If forwards compatibility is to be a thing the one s could in theory play 1080p games native or ramp up to 4K using xCloud as we know it can handle 4k video. It would be a good entry point, affordable gaming for the kids and for those with fast enough internet can still get 4k games. MS seem to be going in on game pass and I can see this being how they keep up their revenue, if they can continue to turn profit selling cheap Xbox one's and xCloud or game pass subs the money will continue to come in.
I think XCloud is going to become part of Game Pass. Sure something along those lines were said. Game Pass really is amazing value for money and there is nothing out there anywhere close to matching it. Adding XCloud is only going to add more value.

Regard the X1 Digital Edition. I know its the end of the product life but with removing the disc drive they had an opportunity to create a much smaller system which I think would have helped with sales too.

I think XCloud is going to become part of Game Pass. Sure something along those lines were said. Game Pass really is amazing value for money and there is nothing out there anywhere close to matching it. Adding XCloud is only going to add more value.

Regard the X1 Digital Edition. I know its the end of the product life but with removing the disc drive they had an opportunity to create a much smaller system which I think would have helped with sales too.
That would have taken more R&D cost. The SAD is very obviously either a cash grab or market research to see how it goes. I do t actually want the bundled games either as they are in game pass, I'd rather they'd bundled 3 months of game pass in as that would be more benefit to newcomers.

Game pass at the moment is ridiculous value, the almost free upgrade from live gold to Ultimate swayed it for me, saw one on HUKD to net 3 years for about £75 so couldn't turn that down. Even at full price it's cheaper than the 4k package for Netflix here and I'd say far better value.

xCloud is great as an idea, I said a few pages back that the xCloud principle in your own home would be great for those with slower internet. So moving the one to another room to our the new series X in its place then stream the full 4K 60fps to your old one s. It always feels very wasteful when a new gen roles around, the old consoles just get thrown in the cupboard to never be used again but they still make a decent enough media player or receiver for streaming. If forward compatibility is how this will work surely day 1 all Xbox one media apps will be present in the new console in that mode and going forward developers can just maintain the Xbox one app and it continue to work on all platforms.

If they were to introduce an xCloud only box it should at least be able to receive Xbox I've streams like the pc with some basic apps to make it worth having to the more casual audience it's aimed at.

With that in mind, Series X - and almost certainly PS5 - are built on a foundation of optimism and confidence this time around. There is no compromise in CPU performance in the next-gen design: we're getting a customised rendition of a high-spec PC part. Meanwhile, the PS5 GPU may be shrouded in mystery, but if the indications are true for Series X, Microsoft has developed a console GPU that is more performant and more feature-rich than any Navi part AMD has shipped in 2019. Your next console will be a lot bigger than your current one and it may cost more than you expected, but putting this level of power in a mainstream piece of gaming hardware is hugely exciting. Technological miracles were achieved from the current-gen machines despite their limitations - and the possibilities represented by their successors are mouthwatering.

Last edited:
Posted above. #301

EDIT: Stuff it, who cares :) Post away!
apologies, i must of landed on a different page on posting!, as it was not page on 'page x' then, i will remove it and thnx you for your grace

Not sure what your confused by as everything I said is fact, I don’t think I mentioned the PS5 did I? Apart from its lost its appeal.

Why? why would I want a computer that I’ve got to maintain all the time and upgrade all the time? If I wanted one I’d buy one, but no I prefer a console that I plug in turn on and it goes, and don’t tell me PC’s are easier to use I was in IT for over 8 years and built hundred of them. I’ve been down the road of PC maintenance and upgrading.
So no, been there done that have the T Shirt, the Xbox will be for me as it has better games I prefer, I’ll play The Last Of Us 2 and that’s it on PlayStation.
PC is not the way to go for everyone... it’s also the most expensive option by far if you upgrade the graphics card every year or two..

Yes, saying the Xbox has better games must be a first.

bring back the blades!!!!

Completely agree! the 360 dashboard was pretty much perfect and what we got when the XB1 launched was awful.

I remember there were so many basic features missing that we had on the 360. I know the dashboard has evolved since launch but it's still a laggy mess and in comparison to the PS4 a complete cluster f@#k

Death Stranding is the only PS4 Only exclusive (that I can think of) that has been confirmed to be coming to PC (Next Year) or other consoles. PSNow is a streaming service. So no, those other games aren't releasing on other systems, you can just stream them, a bit like Netflix if you like.

So yeah the games are exclusive still.

Well actually, no, its not.

I see you are still struggling with the difference between fact and opinion.

Ah the classic outdated opinion.

I built a PC in 2015 which I still use to this day and I generally play everything at 1440p 60 FPS. Mix of high and ultra settings. Zero upgrades. So while its an expensive start, over time it works out not that expensive when you look at the prices for games you buy over a period of time.

A typical response from someone who wants to simplify things incredibly and not note the status quo for most users, yes I DID state fact regarding that particular post I made, perhaps you didn’t read it, not sure what your problem is there perhaps you should elaborate, and Horizon IS coming to PlayStation Now:

Oh and so is Uncharted Lost Legacy, so that’s FOUR huge PlayStation exclusive titles coming to the PC... not so exclusive anymore and don’t make the excuse it’s a streaming service as that doesn’t change the fact., it’s still PS huge exclusive games losing their exclusivity just as Sony stated would be happening. That’s a Fact! Won’t be long before Gran Turismo and The Last If Us will also be on PC.
And considering you can download the games to the PlayStation I wonder how long it will be before you can do that in a PC, thus another point lost by Sony and it’s fans.

And yes I am right about PC’s they need to be maintained or their performance suffers, that fact won’t change. You still need driver updates, other hardware updates to make games work, settings configured, troubleshooting errors, new GPU’s to buy if you want to run at max settings in the latest big game.

I like the Xbox, it’s the better system as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
a typical response, yes I DID state fact, not sure what your problem is there perhaps you should elaborate, and Horizon IS coming to PlayStation Now:

Oh and so is Uncharted Lost Legacy, so that’s FOUR huge PlayStation exclusive titles coming to the PC... not so exclusive anymore and don’t make the pathetic excuse it’s a streaming service.. it’s still PS huge exclusive games losing their exclusivity just as Sony stated would be happening. That’s a Fact! Won’t be long before Gran Turismo and The Last If Us will also be on PC.
And considering you can download the games to the PlayStation I wonder how long it will be before you can do that in a PC, thus another point lost by Sony and it’s fans.

And yes I am right about PC’s they need to be maintained it their performance suffers, that fact won’t change. You are just ignoring it and all the other facts.

I like the Xbox, it’s the better system. No matter what fudge you post. You do seem to take issue with people and their choice of platform?
In your opinion, sales say otherwise

a typical response, yes I DID state fact, not sure what your problem is there perhaps you should elaborate, and Horizon IS coming to PlayStation Now:

Oh and so is Uncharted Lost Legacy, so that’s FOUR huge PlayStation exclusive titles coming to the PC... not so exclusive anymore and don’t make the pathetic excuse it’s a streaming service.. it’s still PS huge exclusive games losing their exclusivity just as Sony stated would be happening. That’s a Fact! Won’t be long before Gran Turismo and The Last If Us will also be on PC.

And yes I am right about PC’s they need to be maintained it their performance suffers, that fact won’t change. You are just ignoring it and all the other facts.
Coming to a streaming service is totally different to being released on PC. TBH if they did release all the games on PC i'd be happy anyway. Just like I'm happy with Microsoft doing that.

You DO NOT have to upgrade a PC all the time. I've got the same PC I bought 4 years ago. It still knocks out high end performance. I may upgrade the GPU next year but thats 1 upgrade in 4 years (well it would be 5 then).

In your opinion, sales say otherwise

What is in my opinion? I suggest people actually ‘read’ my posts and stop taking them entirely out of context...
And as for sales figures, well Nintendo sold more games then PlayStation this year, and the Switch is on target to outsell the PS4 next year, so what excuse will Sony fans have next?

I thought this was an Xbox forum, seems to have some Sony trolls in it??..

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming to a streaming service is totally different to being released on PC. TBH if they did release all the games on PC i'd be happy anyway. Just like I'm happy with Microsoft doing that.

You DO NOT have to upgrade a PC all the time. I've got the same PC I bought 4 years ago. It still knocks out high end performance. I may upgrade the GPU next year but thats 1 upgrade in 4 years (well it would be 5 then).

It doesn’t matter, it doesn’t change the fact Sony PlayStation exclusives aren’t no longer exclusives, you can play them on PC.

Do you play all games at 4K 60 with all settings maxed and with Ray Tracing turned on? Because that seems to be what the next consoles will be targeting. And it is a known fact you have to update drivers to make some games work or get max performance in them, consoles don’t do that, that’s PC maintenance.

No matter I’m not getting drawn into an argument throwing mud around to justify MY choice of platform, I don’t like the others, I hate how loud Sony consoles are! And Game Pass is astounding value, with day one first party game release access!! Can’t be beat.

At is core I would like to think that owning any console or Gaming PC is an exercise in entertainment for the owner. What you enjoy should be the be all and end all of the choices and saving money is also enjoyable in this context. Anyone who has any PC knowledge knows that it can be effing frustrating when it goes wrong and needs sorting out, also its is much more expensive both to get started and then 3-5 years later when most folk will need to spend again on some part (unless they spent huge at the start either way its £££)

I love a PC build and mine has lasted a number of years but last year was £400 odd on new CPU, Ram, motherboard and a case. And this year has been gfx card , 2K monitor and 1TB NMVe so £900 again. But I really enjoy it so money well spent for me.

I also favour Xbox, its just make me happier, saying that gotta get that playstation for those must have exclusives but not in year one, it can wait. no spidermand GOW and horizon on PC.

On a side note I will be *bleeping* amazed if the insides of PS5 and Xbox one 2020 are more that the tinyest bit different, just like last time - AMD proving very slightly tweaked hardware to both. if the Xbox case makes it cooler and possible quieter, it may also allow it to be slightly higher clocked but who knows. no sure what my poiint was now. Probably dont have one - erm go Xbox !

I would like a Windows desktop so I can out the icons and stuff where I want. Let us customize it however we like.
Oh Christ no... You sound like the only person who liked windows 8 😂

And it is a known fact you have to update drivers to make some games work or get max performance in them, consoles don’t do that, that’s PC maintenance.
and consoles don't need updates?

Do you play all games at 4K 60 with all settings maxed and with Ray Tracing turned on? Because that seems to be what the next consoles will be targeting.
I can tell you now, the next gen of console will not be doing that for all games. Similar to how not everything was 1080p 60 FPS for this gen (prior to X/Pro upgrades).

BTW, not a single person on this forum needs to justify their choice of anything. People are free to choose anything and everything they like. These next gen consoles look to be absolute beasts (as the Eurogamer article i linked earlier says) and that not just great for fans of their system. that's great for everyone! It pushes rival companies to up their game rather than sit on their hands. The gamer is going to win every time!

A lot of people have spent a lot of money on the digital side this gen so in reality their choice is already made as who wants to start again from scratch and move lose all that (esp with back compat coming into it).

All systems have pro's and cons and I've always said a console will never be beaten for ease of use and the price they do all that tech for.

Next gen I will be PS5 and PC, I've been PS all the way and i'm heavily invested in that eco system for the foreseeable future and I much prefer the first party line ups and controller and its where most of my friends are. With the PC i'll get the best of what the Xbox has to offer (including the game pass) with the ability to customise the looks to make the most of my system. As well as all the other things my PC can do.

I can't wait for 2020, its going to be so good and the XSX reveal has only touched the surface and caused a lot of excitement. What a time to be a gamer ey!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom