Xbox Series X

Last edited:
The xbox series X and ps5 will be very very similar in spec and with every console launch they both take a hit and sell at a loss its only until about a couple of years in does the hardware break even in manufacturing cost vs sale price.

Me personally i have always got a PlayStation first i love alot of the exclusive games. I dont have a problem with either controller both have their pros and cons. xbox live vs psn pretty much the same this gen.

Next gen though for the first time ever i was all set to get the xbox series X first because gamepass is the game changer for me I have played so many games on there i would have brought its a value proposition too good to pass up but the form factor has made it impossible to fit a series x my tv unit and has left that plan in tatters

Me personally i have always got a PlayStation first i love alot of the exclusive games. I dont have a problem with either controller both have their pros and cons. xbox live vs psn pretty much the same this gen.

Next gen though for the first time ever i was all set to get the xbox series X first because gamepass is the game changer for me I have played so many games on there i would have brought its a value proposition too good to pass up but the form factor has made it impossible to fit a series x my tv unit and has left that plan in tatters
Upload a pic of your problematic TV unit

There is a solution get a carpenter round to make a new tv unit. but i aint doing that when its a great tv unit and fits everything else i own perfectly fine and that will be dam expensive.

The thing is most people who cant get the series x on a shelf will probably put it behind the tv, my tvs wall mounted so cant put it infront of the tv

Last edited:
There is a solution get a carpenter round to make a new tv unit. but i aint doing that when its a great tv unit and fits everything else i own perfectly fine and that will be dam expensive
You might have the same problem with the ps5 if they're building a similar beast .

as for the games there wont be xbox series X exclusive games from Microsoft they will run on all the previous xbox one consoles. so for example Halo infinite you will be able to play that on xbox one S.

Where have you read that Microsoft won’t release games exclusively for the next gen Xbox (Series X etc)?

We know that Halo Infinite will be cross gen, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest that all games will be? Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 has only been announced for Series X so far, as far as I know.

I expect of course that most games will also come to PC in either case.

What's gamepass all about then, you get free games on PS Store too.

There is a solution get a carpenter round to make a new tv unit. but i aint doing that when its a great tv unit and fits everything else i own perfectly fine and that will be dam expensive.

The thing is most people who cant get the series x on a shelf will probably put it behind the tv, my tvs wall mounted so cant put it infront of the tv
Have you looked into L brackets?

They come in different sizes so you should be able to find the right size, maybe you could mount it to the wall behind or to the side of the tv.

I love the design of the Series X, looks fantastic and it will be one very powerful machine and cool and quiet. I am going Xbox Series X next generation, PlayStation has lost its appeal plus its games are no longer exclusive, with some launching on other consoles and Playstation Now being on PC with God Or War and soon Horizon it’s heading down the same road as Xbox.
Plus the value with Xbox Game Pass is phenomenal.

I love the design of the Series X, looks fantastic and it will be one very powerful machine and cool and quiet. I am going Xbox Series X next generation, PlayStation has lost its appeal plus its games are no longer exclusive, with some launching on other consoles and Playstation Now being on PC with God Or War and soon Horizon it’s heading down the same road as Xbox.

How can you say all that when you don't have a clue about the PS5 yet?

PC would be the place to go then not either console as xbox has gamepass on pc and PlayStation has psnow on pc. therefore you can play everything on pc

How can you say all that when you don't have a clue about the PS5 yet?

Not sure what your confused by as everything I said is fact, I don’t think I mentioned the PS5 did I? Apart from its lost its appeal.

PC would be the place to go then not either console as xbox has gamepass on pc and PlayStation has psnow on pc. therefore you can play everything on pc

Why? why would I want a computer that I’ve got to maintain all the time and upgrade all the time? If I wanted one I’d buy one, but no I prefer a console that I plug in turn on and it goes, and don’t tell me PC’s are easier to use I was in IT for over 8 years and built hundred of them. I’ve been down the road of PC maintenance and upgrading.
So no, been there done that have the T Shirt, the Xbox will be for me as it has better games I prefer, I’ll play The Last Of Us 2 and that’s it on PlayStation.
PC is not the way to go for everyone... it’s also the most expensive option by far if you upgrade the graphics card every year or two..

I’ve never been able to put my finger in just why the Xbox is “my” console. I love it
I grew up with a Vic 20, then c64 followed by an Amiga 500 and 1200. Then I was a pc gamer.

Along the way I’ve had and still own pretty much every single console, including a cd32 but none of them ever took hold and may have been flirted with before never being touched again

then I got the original Xbox at launch at rarely touched pc gaming again since. I just really like everything about the Xbox. The controller just feels “better”. The system just feels “better”

getting the next system is a no brainer for me. It’s personal preference

i still have every play station console but they have hardly been touched. Probably the ps3 was most played with the uncharted games but that’s about it. My current PlayStation 4 hasn’t been touched since I competed spider-man. Well I had an hour on god of war and that’s it

I’ve never really liked the PlayStation controllers, always felt too small and light, but that’s not my reason for being Xbox, I can’t really explain it, I just like and prefer the Xbox. Doesn’t make me right. Doesn’t make me wrong

This ^^

I never got in on the early computer stuff. I had the original pong type tv games, then graduated on the Atari one that you could play Space Invaders on, then I didn't really get back into gaming again until the Atari ST and then the Amiga, from there I went PC for years.

Then I got an original Xbox to play KOTOR and never looked back.

I still dabble with PC gaming on occasion, but not that often these days.

The new Xbox will be day one for me. I will get a PS5 at some point, in the couple of years after launch, but I won't be in any hurry. Like all the other PS I've owned, I'll probably play them excessively for the first couple of months and then gradually drift back to Xbox.

All multi-plat games I buy on Xbox and there are very few PS exclusives that I'm actually bothered about.

Death Stranding is the only PS4 Only exclusive (that I can think of) that has been confirmed to be coming to PC (Next Year) or other consoles. PSNow is a streaming service. So no, those other games aren't releasing on other systems, you can just stream them, a bit like Netflix if you like.

So yeah the games are exclusive still.

Not sure what your confused by as everything I said is fact,

Well actually, no, its not.

I see you are still struggling with the difference between fact and opinion.

Why? why would I want a computer that I’ve got to maintain all the time and upgrade all the time? If I wanted one I’d buy one, but no I prefer a console that I plug in turn on and it goes, and don’t tell me PC’s are easier to use I was in IT for over 8 years and built hundred of them. I’ve been down the road of PC maintenance and upgrading.
So no, been there done that have the T Shirt, the Xbox will be for me as it has better games I prefer, I’ll play The Last Of Us 2 and that’s it on PlayStation.
PC is not the way to go for everyone... it’s also the most expensive option by far if you upgrade the graphics card every year or two..

Ah the classic outdated opinion.

I built a PC in 2015 which I still use to this day and I generally play everything at 1440p 60 FPS. Mix of high and ultra settings. Zero upgrades. So while its an expensive start, over time it works out not that expensive when you look at the prices for games you buy over a period of time.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom