Xbox Series X

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I am. I've still got my pc and Switch, so all is not lost.

I'm subbed for Gamepass Ultimate until May 2022...if I get the 24 month sub deal for Series X, will it stack?
It’s baked into the console-you’ll be able to add it at any time under Settings.

ZicoUK

@rustybin subscriptions usually stack but Microsoft have always had a 36 month / 3 year max limit so if you've got more than 12 months now and then get All Access with 24 months, you'll have to wait until you've got less than 36 months total before stacking.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I'm still crossing my fingers any day now for some news regarding an Xbox Series X: Project Scarlett Edition. Since Xbox One I find regular launch consoles boring now, I want a fancy LE box from launch day!

I've still got my Day One 2013 and Project Scorpio controllers too. And a Day One 2020 cheevo wouldn't go amiss either. ;)

Nukleuz

Pre-orders confirmed to start 8am across most retailers.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Argos and Amazon for me I think.

Despite pre-ordering my X from Amazon, they delivered the following day and I managed to buy one on release day from Argos without a pre-order.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Marketing lead of Xbox UK confirmed that there is nothing in the box when buying outright bar a convert to Ultimate to £1 voucher.

Felt it was right to tell people what I had been told, but was clearly given wrong info on this occasion-apologies.

MassiveJim

Well that was a farce at Game really, left it with them to check having already checked that the trade in was £220 plus 10% so £242 in good condition (it's pristine). Went back and they said all done , put the credit on my wallet and gave me a receipt. Got outside the shop and checked the receipt and instead of £242 it showed £220 , went back to query it and was told they bumped the price down cos they only considered the controller to be in fair rather than good condition. Asked them to explain cos I couldn't see anything wrong with it and just got fobbed off saying he was following the guidelines and tough basically. I said they should have mentioned it when I went back rather than saying all done and that was it. Anyway this is the apparently 'fair condition' controller (the white speks are just dust)

Bloody joke, I asked for it back and won't set foot in there again so their loss. All very well advertising a promotion for extra trade in credit but don't then knock the value down for no good reason and expect people to go along with it, not a chance...
What was the extra 10% for ?
or rather I should ask how do you get it ?

Might trade in my one X as currently got a PS4 on loan from a mate.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Marketing lead of Xbox UK confirmed that there is nothing in the box when buying outright bar a convert to Ultimate to £1 voucher.

Felt it was right to tell people what I had been told, but was clearly given wrong info on this occasion-apologies.
I mean there gonna be a lot of pissed off people expecting a console in the box....

rowedav

Distinguished Member

Not the first time a support adviser person gives out dodgy intel, and won't be the last either!

Geoggy

Pre order choice is a tough one. No guarantee bricks and mortar shops will be open.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
And I assume the convert to ultimate for a pound will be only for people who haven't used that previously

BMox81

Distinguished Member

Geoggy

Even if they are no guarantee how they will manage people picking them up. I’m doing online.
i think I’m going to give Simply Games a go. They’ve been fine in the past. And I don’t have to have it on the morning it’s out. The evening, maybe :0)

rowedav

Distinguished Member
I’m terrible when it comes to getting things delivered, so my first choice will be a brick and mortar retailer. Will go online if I have to of course.

Cha1ky

Is there no end to these endless click bait drivel streams the gaming media are foisting on us?
Yeah Its not much really. Just confirmation of the wireless spec for anyone interested. Anyone with eyes could see it didnt have a USB C port.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Bit bummed about the WiFi AC and no WiFi 6 in the Series X BUT that does help it be cheaper, I believe it can still be an expensive option to fit?

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I'm not surprised by no WiFi 6, there's a few things at play but considering they dropped the optical port to save costs WiFi 6 would have been more expensive. Ms can probably see WiFi 6 uptake from Windows data to know it's not that the majority of people use AC. Also they likely finalised the specs a while back before wifi 6 really started to gain traction or any sort of reduction in cost to implement.

Unless you have super fast internet I can't see many people even caring about WiFi 6 at the moment for it to be a major issue beyond the enthusiasts, and most enthusiasts would likely hard wire the thing anyway.

Nukleuz

They can probably see how many Xbox's currently use wifi too - I've got 5 consoles in the house, all of them wired and that won't change when wifi6 standard is finally agreed and routers/APs/devices finally start coming out with it.
And who's to say MS won't release a USB wifi6 dongle later down the line for users that really want it...

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Who cares about wifi 6... surely most people serious about their gaming would have their consoles wired anyway, either directly into the router if near it or via homeplugs if not.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett