Xbox Series X

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I literally got him to confirm this 3 times to make sure I had it right (only a technical support dude after all... ) Because for me, £449 + £24.99 (for 2 years of GPU) = £473.99 is a substantial saving. But he seemed adamant that this was a thing and would be announced soon (when pre orders go live perhaps?).
This sounds like a chat person talking nonsense, whch is more common than it should be. Very likely just confused with their All Access offering.

You're not going to get 24 months for £24.99 (=£1.04p month). A pack-in code or a redeemable option baked into the console for a 1-3 month XGPU sub is feasible though.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Lots of Amazon Scorpio pre-orders were delivered to newer orders before older ones, so many people earlier in the pre-order queue ended up not getting their console on release day, which was disappointing. I was one of them. I was able to get a discount code applied though, so that took the edge off the issue.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
This sounds like a chat person talking nonsense, whch is more common than it should be. Very likely just confused with their All Access offering.

You're not going to get 24 months for £24.99 (=£1.04p month). A pack-in code or a redeemable option baked into the console for a 1-3 month XGPU sub is feasible though.

Again, what would be the incentive to buy outright then when I know that it works out cheaper to go All Access and I get the 2 years GPU further down the line to use and and when I want?

A 3 month pass isn’t really going to cut it when I know someone else is getting 2 years.

I did think the same about the validity of it all, hence why I asked three times because I knew that I’d get people saying it’s nonsense and he stuck to the same story-nothing about All Access involved.

So what will be will be I guess.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Again, what would be the incentive to buy outright then when I know that it works out cheaper to go All Access and I get the 2 years GPU further down the line to use and and when I want?

A 3 month pass isn’t really going to cut it when I know someone else is getting 2 years.

I did think the same about the validity of it all, hence why I asked three times because I knew that I’d get people saying it’s nonsense and he stuck to the same story-nothing about All Access involved.

All Access buyers aren't getting 24-months for £24.99. They're paying £246.76 for that, granted that is still a saving over RRP.

When you factor in the monthly cost for Series X on All Access and you deduct the value of the console at £449, they're effectively paying £10.28mth for GP Ultimate for 24-months (total £246.76).

You can buy your console outright at £449 and buy a bunch of 3-mth GP Ultimate codes from cdkeys - that works out even cheaper. I get what you're saying though, that buying outright and paying RRP for GP Ultimate works out more expensive than All Access.

Meridius

So will Amazon do a midnight pre order or do you think it will be a 8am ?
Any deals on tradings on the original Xbox one ?
Thanks

garts76

Lots of Amazon Scorpio pre-orders were delivered to newer orders before older ones, so many people earlier in the pre-order queue ended up not getting their console on release day, which was disappointing. I was one of them. I was able to get a discount code applied though, so that took the edge off the issue.
I think i got a £20 voucher, didn't make me happier though. I took a day off work.

marcstang

Where are people ordering from ? I usually go Amazon or Argos for day one consoles but am tempted to go with Shopto.

N0ddie

I'd be going to Smyths brick and motor store tbh. I got my Xbox One X from there. Collected it first thing on release day morning.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member

You also have to remember all access people have signed a 2 year contract, those buying outright haven't. Most subscriptions come down in price of your sign up for 2 years. It's likely ms writing up the profits and they will make enough having you on the hook for 2 years instead of signing up and leaving. It's not really any different to then seeking actual vouchers and charging less than month to month fees.

I still personally went be going all access, but that's because I know you can get game pass cheaper by other means to negate the saving over 2 years. That and I have to buy through a phone provider and I refuse to double my phone bill or reduce my internet speeds moving to them to get an Xbox, that would make it a hell of an expensive console.

STANNY08

Could you remind me what happened with Amazon for the Xbox One X launch? I got mine from Game and will likely do so again but have been thinking of using Amazon for Series X.
Not sure what @MarkyPancake is referring to, but my one x came from Amazon a day early, despite them sending me an emailing telling me it was gonna be late.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Its nothing. It’s the code name for the series X server blade that will eventually be in the cloud.

Where did you hear that? It’s a totally fake console anyway, it could be interesting if Microsoft made one for sure but it wouldn’t really fit in with their strategy or pricing structure I don’t think.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Do you think it would be premature to trade in an Xbox one x for £242 today with 10% extra elite trade in credit? Seems a good deal to me

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Do you think it would be premature to trade in an Xbox one x for £242 today with 10% extra elite trade in credit? Seems a good deal to me

I don’t think anyone can answer if you’ll get more or less later, seems like a good price though.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Ahh *** I bet MS are gutted with this leak. It’s one thing the price etc but their whole briefing now? Bit annoyed as well. Would have been good to have this on the calendar to look forward/build-up to!

Yeah but its all stuff we knew or thought we knew, no game announcements or reveals so not that bothered to not have the build up and then nothing new if this was all the news.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Just watched them all, nothing much we don't already know and was clearly meant to be the reveal of the S. Shames it leaked and they couldn't do it how they wanted. How on Earth does the whole promo stuff leak though!!

Indiana Jones

Where are people ordering from ? I usually go Amazon or Argos for day one consoles but am tempted to go with Shopto.

Amazon for me, pre-ordered both my Xbox One and One X from them and received them release day morning so I have no concerns.

Indiana Jones

If you don’t plan on gaming between now and November 10th then I would do it as that price will come down in the coming weeks but personally I still have stuff to play so will likely not sell my X until the weekend before release, sure I will find someone that wants a mint condition Scorpio for £150

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett