Xbox Series X

The Fuggler

Currently in a dilemma as to whether to buy an Xbox One X now and delay my Series X purchase for 12 months or whether to sit tight until launch. Still on a launch day Xbox One at the moment.

Any speculation as to what other games might be in the pipeline?

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Currently in a dilemma as to whether to buy an Xbox One X now and delay my Series X purchase for 12 months or whether to sit tight until launch. Still on a launch day Xbox One at the moment.

Couldn't you get a One X now and then trade in in 6-7months when Series X drops?

TayWax

Distinguished Member
I think I would just sit and wait personally. Especially if its a case of using your money wisely. If money is no object then you should already have a One X ;)

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Get a One X now - I would. Or a PS4 Pro. Clearly waiting for SX is more sensible. BUT you do not even know for sure that either console will release this year. So - enjoy games now, whilst you're locked down in 4K - don't waste this time. Then trade it when new machine hits.

Normally I'd say wait. But current situation is different - I've bought new tech I wouldn't have normally with the money I'm saving on petrol and buying my morning coffee......might as well. IF you aren't too much at risk of losing your job of course.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Just think of all the games with One X Enhancements. You won't be disappointed. It's a great bit of kit over the original Xbox One.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
What a nonsense article imo.
I'm not worrying about a tech demo not running on Series X. It will be 2/3 years before we see games hit that.

It's all clever marketing at the end of the day. Hardly any PS5 news and they are the lead console this generation with 100+ million consoles sold and those buyers are starved of PS5 news so Epic and Sony pull a blinder by showing a tech demo and it running on PS5 and its done exactly what they wanted. Everyone thinks games will look like that and it was a PS5 Tech Demo. Job done!
I doubt PC owners are worried and Series X buyers should not be worried either.

Let's wait and see what 1st Party Gameplays look like for the consoles before we worry about how many Triangles a console can render on the fly.

Lee Moles

I like how it’s liked by Phil Spencer. It’s as if Microsoft went and had a word with Tim lol

1589584042739.png
1589584042739.png

Lee Moles

You may be someone who wants to buy outright and be done with it but otherwise have you looked at Access, that will allow you to upgrade to the Series X when your ready

mudshark

You may be someone who wants to buy outright and be done with it but otherwise have you looked at Access, that will allow you to upgrade to the Series X when your ready

But only after 18 months?

Derder6000

Do y'all feel that the Xbox Access provides good value in general?
Hoping for a £399 Series X, but think that is probably wishful thinking!
Will an older HD TV (Lg 42la620v) do it justice?

OldSnake

Do y'all feel that the Xbox Access provides good value in general?
Hoping for a £399 Series X, but think that is probably wishful thinking!
Will an older HD TV (Lg 42la620v) do it justice?
IMO there is virtually zero point in terms of GFX I’m getting a PS5 or series x if you don’t have a 4K HDR tv.

On a 1080p set a one x will do the job.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
IMO there is virtually zero point in terms of GFX I’m getting a PS5 or series x if you don’t have a 4K HDR tv.

On a 1080p set a one x will do the job.
Most of the graphical upgrades (especially xbox side where the One X delivers many games at 4K already) will be things like RTX or better textures, better lighting etc...stuff that will be improved irrespective of the TV you've got.

So I disagree.

I do think the time is right though to upgrade to a 21st century TV irrespective of consoles!

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Yeah. It's annoying. I've just bought a 4kTV for the bedroom but my main TV and the one my xbox is connected to is still only 1080p. I'm going to have to upgrade that. Going to be hard justifying it to the other half tho