Xbox Series X

Does anyone elses Series X disc drive make a short noise when you power on the console?

It sounds like the lens is checking for a disc. Mine does and you can hear it across the room. I can't recall hearing my One or One X make this noise.

I still haven't put a disc in the Series X yet, so should at least make sure it works.
I play assassin's creed valhalla all the time and never heard anything from the series x. It is whisper quite.

echoUK

Yeah mine does the same if there isn’t a disk in it. I’ve had the Valhalla disk in for the last week or so and it hasn’t done it since.

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
Neither do I but it's a different system and a different drive so it might be just what happens my laptop does it and that was 3k so it's just one of those things if it works it works in my eyes
its actually got the same disc drive as an Xbox one X tear downs confirm it

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
I always leave a disc in the unit ive had desk drives stop reading discs before when ive not had a disc in them for a long time Ive found that if i leave a disc in the laser actually as to read a disc and never had a disc drive fail since

damo09

Hi all. Could someone let me know how I set up a x series in my front room. And a one x in my daughters room.so.we can share onlline stuff please. I've looked on you tube but I can't grasp it..

Do the 2 x boxes need different users?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Hi all. Could someone let me know how I set up a x series in my front room. And a one x in my daughters room.so.we can share onlline stuff please. I've looked on you tube but I can't grasp it..

Do the 2 x boxes need different users?

Assume yours is the main account and has all the games and Gold/GamePass ?

Set her console as your Home Console and then she can access any Digital Games and Gold or Games Pass, then you just sign in as normal on your series X.

This has more info.

spikecast

Hi Guys, can anyone 100% confirm that the new controllers work with Xbox One S as well? Brother needs a new one and from what I've ready they are fully compatible.

If you're on Android downgrade the Xbox app if you want achievements back as a checkable option

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-215815_Xbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-215815_Xbox.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 31

Meridius

has Microsoft said anything about fixing the wireless headset problems with the audio as i just cannot play some games as its bad.

sajin

Anyone else have hdmi-cec issues since installing the November system update? Everything was working perfectly until I updated the console this morning.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Anyone know the difference in power consumption between Instant on and Energy Saving ?

Since having a Smart Meter installed I have gone round the house trying to save some pennies haha

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Anyone know the difference in power consumption between Instant on and Energy Saving ?

Digital Foundry shared a power consumption comparison table in their Series S vs X review, but just checked and they don't list energy-saving, but I guess it's the same as power off. It's at 9m20s, in case the timestamp jump doesn't work:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Really?? First they take achievements off the app and now the console as well? What are they thinking?

I assume you can still view all the achievement stuff somewhere, but with more faffing about?

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
I wish they would just put a gamepass quests button on the guide so i dont have to trawl through guide, all achievements, then down down left down down just to get to the quests

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett