Xbox Series X

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I don't think this deserves its own thread, but is it me or have they made the app far worse than it used to be? I was wondering about an achievement and k can't find them anywhere in the app anymore,, now j think about it my phone doesn't ping for then anymore either. It used to have a lot of functionality but now it serves so little use I have no reason to really even have it.

Flawed Tactics

Got no chance of getting a Series X until next year so put the money toward an Apple M1 MacBook Air :rotfl::rotfl:

Just going to put this new generation out of mind now until all this madness has settled down, enjoy your new devices and I'll see you all next year. Merry Christmas!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I don't think this deserves its own thread, but is it me or have they made the app far worse than it used to be? I was wondering about an achievement and k can't find them anywhere in the app anymore,, now j think about it my phone doesn't ping for then anymore either. It used to have a lot of functionality but now it serves so little use I have no reason to really even have it.

Yeaj, it’s pretty much pointless to me, now they’ve removed the achievements and the store from it.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member

Interesting write up on the current development situation on Xbox from Tom Warren. Echoing what had been talked about pre-launch in terms of the Xbox tools coming in hot and needing some work. Statement from MS - which doesn't say much. Interesting line about waiting for full RDNA2 hardware integration putting them behind, something Phil Spencer said yesterday in his interview...we know Xbox have Machine Learning integrated onto their chipset and I think they are working with AMD to develop their version of DLSS - so one assumes the plan is to get that on console....interesting times.

Flawed Tactics

I can't see this situation lasting, once the Series X finds its feet or whatever the problem is, there is just no way the PS5 will out perform the Series X, all that extra grunt isn't just going nowhere, its just not been utilised properly.

reecie

The fact that the Valhalla update has apparently improved the Xbox Series yet worsened the PS5 should tell anyone how much the s/w affects things. As long as all the next gen h/w is solid (which seems to be the case) things will improve over time and we will all be getting some great games.

staffy 2

CD Keys doing 12 months live for £34 if anyone needs it.Mine was up tomorrow so I grabbed it for that price.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
CD Keys doing 12 months live for £34 if anyone needs it.Mine was up tomorrow so I grabbed it for that price.
If you have the cash stack up 3 years and upgrade it to game pass while you can. If you haven't already had gamepass ultimate it's literally £1 to convert all that gold to ultimate and you can do up to 36 months, if you have had gamepass it might cost you £11.99 to convert it. There's guides on hukd and the game pass and deals threads in here if you are unsure.

staffy 2

I’ve never had game pass ever.Can I still add 2 more years then convert them to 3 years game pass.I always have auto renew turned off so would that matter

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I’ve never had game pass ever.Can I still add 2 more years then convert them to 3 years game pass.I always have auto renew turned off so would that matter
Pretty much, auto renewal only impacts if you add Xbox live codes and get the free month each time as it will push you over 36 months maximum. Seeing as you have gold anyway £1 is a steal for the upgrade.

I think we're at risk of derailing the thread so I'd check the game pass and deals threads in the forum as myself and others have already out a few guides to the dos and don'ts of gold to gamepass conversions. I think post 1 the series X deal thread outlines the process.

RTC89

First random freeze / crash had to manually turn xbox series x off was on fifa ultimate team of all the games lol

++ Jase ++

I can't see this situation lasting, once the Series X finds its feet or whatever the problem is, there is just no way the PS5 will out perform the Series X, all that extra grunt isn't just going nowhere, its just not been utilised properly.

MS only have themselves to blame for relying on Third parties to showcase their console, even the free game of Astro Playroom which was on the PS5 is better than anything MS has to show on the Series X. They should have at least put some sort of tech demo on it so people could see the potential, for me at the moment the Series X is a Netflix player as that has been the only reason to use it since getting the PS5.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
MS only have themselves to blame for relying on Third parties to showcase their console, even the free game of Astro Playroom which was on the PS5 is better than anything MS has to show on the Series X. They should have at least put some sort of tech demo on it so people could see the potential, for me at the moment the Series X is a Netflix player as that has been the only reason to use it since getting the PS5.

There is a tech demo it’s called Gears 5....

OldSnake

I’ve got both and played ever single upgraded game across both PS5 and series x and o don’t see anything on either side which is proper next gen. We’ve just got a bunch of ‘last gen games’ giving a big tart up. Which looks great and is cool got now - but the real proper next gen games we haven’t seen yet from anyone. Games that make the paradigm shift Cerny talked about.

For me, I’m using my series x more than my PS5 right now simply because it has more upgraded games. I’m loving Spider-Man and demons but beyond that (the family loved Astro for an intro but that’s long deleted now) it’s mainly the series x that’s keeping the room warm.
Sony don’t have much else at th mo tho 🤷🏻‍♂️ (NB bugsnax I did try but even for free. No 😂 better games to play than that upgraded or not 😂). Sack boy yeah pushing thought that / kids like it but yeah. Hoping it’s short haha
Guess it doesn’t really matter as long as we are are enjoying our gaming and between both new consoles I’ve 200% enjoyed both loads.

Last edited:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Does anyone elses Series X disc drive make a short noise when you power on the console?

It sounds like the lens is checking for a disc. Mine does and you can hear it across the room. I can't recall hearing my One or One X make this noise.

I still haven't put a disc in the Series X yet, so should at least make sure it works.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Does anyone elses Series X disc drive make a short noise when you power on the console?

It sounds like the lens is checking for a disc. Mine does and you can hear it across the room. I can't recall hearing my One or One X make this noise.

I still haven't put a disc in the Series X yet, so should at least make sure it works.

Every Xbox does that doesn’t it?

Yeah mine does that it's normal I'd say as it would be checking that a disc is in or not

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett