Xbox Series X

@Lee33

I prefer using batteries in the pad opposed to a rechargeable pack, batteries are lighter and can be quickly swapped

I respect and understand anyone using batteries instead of a battery pack but everything you just said is wrong. (at least in my house)

My pack weights 33 grams and two battery wieghts 53 grams. (40% less ?)

And I can change a pack in just under 3 seconds (who has two thumbs and too much time on his hands to test this - this guy right here ) where as batterys take me around 12 seconds to swop. But this is irrelavent as I dont have to swop the pack as its sits in a dock and charges so the actual time is zero seconds.

There are other reasons to not get one and use batteries but not those two reasons. There lighter and faster.

NOTE - this is not the offical play and charge kit , they may well take longer be heavier, this is a real gamers charging solution :)

@Lee33

I respect and understand anyone using batteries instead of a battery pack but everything you just said is wrong. (at least in my house)

My pack weights 33 grams and two battery wieghts 53 grams. (40% less ?)

And I can change a pack in just under 3 seconds (who has two thumbs and too much time on his hands to test this - this guy right here ) where as batterys take me around 12 seconds to swop. But this is irrelavent as I dont have to swop the pack as its sits in a dock and charges so the actual time is zero seconds.

There are other reasons to not get one and use batteries but not those two reasons. There lighter and faster.

NOTE - this is not the offical play and charge kit , they may well take longer be heavier, this is a real gamers charging solution :)
Generally speaking when I was weighing up the pros and cons of dock/packs Vs AA batteries I found the main reason for all the differences is the battery capacity. The cheaper packs especially had half the power of eneloops. Don't get me wrong if that's the difference between 40 hours and 20 hours you probably won't even notice as how many people will play a 20 hour session before recharging, as you say just chuck the controller in the dock when you're done and you'd never even know, I do it for the switch and PS4 and despite the PS4 having terrible battery life I never run out of power.

Eventually though I ended up going with batteries, main reason was I use them in everything, we got a steal on a load of them so stocked up and now just use them in everything which worked out far cheaper on the long run than buying disposables or a battery pack. Either way it's just nice that we have the choice you don't get in the other platforms, I can see the batteries being the thing that wears out first over a couple of years so just swap out to another pack and away you go.

I don’t suppose anyone has seen anything about the rumoured Apple TV app? I saw something about it a few weeks ago. Apparently it was available for on one of the Xbox Insider rings. Hopefully it’s lined up for release with the Series X.

I haven’t seen anything mentioned about apps for the new consoles. Are we assuming it’ll just be the same as we have now?

interesting news about HDMI 2.1 AV receivers and Xbox series X

PS5 And Xbox Series X-Friendly AV Receivers Reportedly Hit By Major HDMI Bug

apparently they wont pass through the series X picture because the Series X output is uncompressed and the chip inside the AV receiver can only do compressed signals
Well, this is a real mess up and no doubt. The whole 2.1 thing is proving very difficult to carry out isn't it? How many people will even be able to do 120Hz for the next year or so.

Well, this is a real mess up and no doubt. The whole 2.1 thing is proving very difficult to carry out isn't it? How many people will even be able to do 120Hz for the next year or so.

I've long thought these receivers and games consoles are just not a good mix!

It feels like this problem ain't being fixed easily. Of course the workaround is to go straight into the display.

Looks at my little Sonos Beam - yep!

I don’t suppose anyone has seen anything about the rumoured Apple TV app? I saw something about it a few weeks ago. Apparently it was available for on one of the Xbox Insider rings. Hopefully it’s lined up for release with the Series X.

I haven’t seen anything mentioned about apps for the new consoles. Are we assuming it’ll just be the same as we have now?

I read something about it a while ago, but it was mixed in with all the battle of Microsoft trying to get Xcloud onto iOS devices. So you may be waiting a while as they may be trying to strike a deal with it all?
It’s been confirmed for the PS5 last week or the week before though I’m not sure when it’ll be out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read something about it a while ago, but it was mixed in with all the battle of Microsoft trying to get Xcloud onto iOS devices. So you may be waiting a while as they MW trying to strike a deal with it all?
It’s been confirmed for the PS5 last week or the week before though I’m not sure when it’ll be out.

Some have tested the app on xbox according to windows central. So definitely happening....probably at or close to launch I'd say given we know users have been testing already.

Some have tested the app on xbox according to windows central. So definitely happening....probably at or close to launch I'd say given we know users have been testing already.

Yeah it’s only a web app at the end of the day. Not exactly hard for a company like MS to smash out quickly.

So 16 more sleeps.

I only just bought the Yamaha V6A, mainly to future proof with the new consoles coming, so I'm a bit peed of to say the least, I probably won't play many 120fps games but now I probably have to send it back for a product recall

Putting this in here as theres plenty of Xbox related items you can use the vousehr on.

Ebay 20% off voucher POPUPOCT20

Just managed to bag a tenner off Valhalla making it £39.99

Yep, just grabbed Yakuza 7 for £36 with the code.

Someone testing an all means nothing. Politics are at play with this and they tend to delay things..

Someone testing an all means nothing. Politics are at play with this and they tend to delay things..

Yes, you are right - the app being ready and released into the inner testing circle on Xbox Live means absolutely nothing...

I've long thought these receivers and games consoles are just not a good mix!

It feels like this problem ain't being fixed easily. Of course the workaround is to go straight into the display.

Looks at my little Sonos Beam - yep!

Glad I just got a deal on the last generation of receivers and went earc. Everything works without auto switching anyway

Yes, you are right - the app being ready and released into the inner testing circle on Xbox Live means absolutely nothing...

No it doesn’t, it’s beta testing, it doesn’t directly relate to a products release date. They could find issues that mean further work, their could be a plethora of politics that mean the release is delayed, and with Apple it’s all about politics..

I know there are all these issues surrounding xcloud etc but the PS5 appletv app is already confirmed for launch so hopefully the xbox one will be coming too despite the other ongoing stuff (based on nothing but me crossing my fingers)

It’ll come, along with all the other media apps. just need patience. Wonder which console will be the better media centre? It will be interesting to see in what aspect Sony supports Dolby Vision and audio on the PS5.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom