Xbox Series X

I wonder if they will sell or market some series s branded Bluetooth or smart speakers considering the stick they got on that when it was confirmed.

The X looks more like a speaker than the S. S is more like a hot plate...

Exactly this. It’s beyond boring now. MS have a first party that nobody can match now. Launch games sure they’ve lost Halo and it’s a terrible shame. But there is loads to play and with 35 teams making games for them all going into gamepass it’s a huge offering. If that isn’t of interest then fine. But don’t keep saying the same thing over and over and over...

And what first party is that then? It’s still a fact is it not that all of the current generation Microsoft has been accused with lacking games, they are yet to prove otherwise despite their recent buyouts, and for launch they do not have any next gen exclusives day one. Yes they have studios, they are yet to use them to prove they have games that are worthy.
They have a new gen to change peoples opinions on them, it will be interesting to see what they do.
I’ve never said game pass is not of interest, quite the opposite actually and regularly.
Owning some games studios does not automatically remove the stigma when you are still yet to produce games with them.. And it wasn’t impressive with a load of great games all being announced as ‘early in development’. Scorn is the first actual next gen I’ve seen gameplay off on a Series X.

I’m just not sure a novelty fridge is restoring a company identity, I figured that was done the moment Phil Spencer took over from the drag prior idiot, who told you to buy an Xbox 360 if you didn’t have an internet connection...

And what first party is that then? It’s still a fact is it not that all of the current generation Microsoft has been accused with lacking games, they are yet to prove otherwise despite their recent buyouts, and for launch they do not have any next gen exclusives day one. Yes they have studios, they are yet to use them to prove they have games that are worthy.
They have a new gen to change peoples opinions on them, it will be interesting to see what they do.
I’ve never said game pass is not of interest, quite the opposite actually and regularly.
Owning some games studios does not automatically remove the stigma when you are still yet to produce games with them.. And it wasn’t impressive with a load of great games all being announced as ‘early in development’. Scorn is the first actual next gen I’ve seen gameplay off on a Series X.

I’m just not sure a novelty fridge is restoring a company identity, I figured that was done the moment Phil Spencer took over from the drag prior idiot, who told you to buy an Xbox 360 if you didn’t have an internet connection...

Look it all becomes subjective. I’d rather play Halo Infinite than either or both of the PS5 launch titles. It’s a shame it is delayed. But my point is we all know the score. I’ve no idea why you keep repeating yourself. And I was talking about a marketing brand.

Look it all becomes subjective. I’d rather play Halo Infinite than either or both of the PS5 launch titles. It’s a shame it is delayed. But my point is we all know the score. I’ve no idea why you keep repeating yourself. And I was talking about a marketing brand.

I’m don’t mean to repeat anything, I just challenged why you said a fridge gave Microsoft its identity back, I think Phil Spencer did that. Don Mattrick ruined it. I have no doubt the games will come and it will be exciting to see, but they are not hear yet.

Picked these up today in prep for the controllers. Meant to be the same as Eneloops Pro at a third of the price at IKEA.

16035761395492845977025527313642.jpg

I’m don’t mean to repeat anything, I just challenged why you said a fridge gave Microsoft its identity back, I think Phil Spencer did that. Don Mattrick ruined it. I have no doubt the games will come and it will be exciting to see, but they are not hear yet.
Microsoft are not Xbox. Microsoft don’t need identity they can buy and sell any other gaming company they wanted if they chose.

But Xbox in marketing terms used to be the fun upstarts, the underdogs if you like. The early part of this gen and a bit of the one before they started taking themselves too seriously. I do not think this makes any difference to their sales or whatever it’s just good to see them back to something like they were in terms of some different marketing and poking fun at themselves. That is all.

Picked these up today in prep for the controllers. Meant to be the same as Eneloops Pro at a third of the price at IKEA.

View attachment 1387927

Has anyone confirmed the battery life on the new controller? You got a good 40 hours on XB1 controllers hope same is true with the new Series ones.

View attachment 1387927
I bought 16 of them last week :thumbsup: will come in handy with Christmas coming up too, I've heard as well that they are meant to be unbranded eneloops. I prefer using batteries in the pad opposed to a rechargeable pack, batteries are lighter and can be quickly swapped

Last edited:
I am really getting all the same vibes now, as back before the 360 and PS3 launches, from both MS and Sony.

With the Series X being a slightly different shape and not wanting to restrict airflow, I’m thinking I’ll move it from where my Xbox One currently is. It’ll also be away from the kiddies roaming fingers.

It does mean though that I’ll need a longer HDMI cable. Probably about 5m so I’m guessing that’s longer than the one that’s bundles with it.

Might as well get an HDMI 2.1 cable so it’s ready for a 4K screen. Does it matter which one or will any one from Amazon do?

With the Series X being a slightly different shape and not wanting to restrict airflow, I’m thinking I’ll move it from where my Xbox One currently is. It’ll also be away from the kiddies roaming fingers.

It does mean though that I’ll need a longer HDMI cable. Probably about 5m so I’m guessing that’s longer than the one that’s bundles with it.

Might as well get an HDMI 2.1 cable so it’s ready for a 4K screen. Does it matter which one or will any one from Amazon do?
For that length you would need a fibre optic HDMI lead, which can be expensive

I like this Xbox team that is rolling with the punches- be they Craig or the fridge. But they do risk overdoing these responses- ultimately it’s not about chilled food (not even cheese).

So far I’m giving them a positive 6/10 for the launch in isolation. They’ve done a great job with the console hardware and cross-gen upgrades, and I am excited for day one. The shine came off it a bit with the Halo Infinite delay, even though that was done for sound reasons. I also wish they’d done something more and different with the controller and UI.

I’m going to need to go this way I think but only once I’ve upgraded the tv. Think I can get away with 3m as I have 4m installed at the moment and they plenty long enough. I want to swap them all over to be honest as a went for flat cable thinking they would bend round the chimney breast easier but no they are awful!

Quick look and found this one but only goes to 3m. No idea if it’s any good but that’s the good thing if it’s crap just send back to Amazon.

8K HDMI Cable 1.8M,mytysun Ultra HD Fiber 2.1 HDMI Cable |Support High Speed 48Gbps 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz, HDCP 2.2, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC Compatible with Apple TV,Samsung QLED TV,3D-Xbox,PS4 Amazon product ASIN B082SBMLYX

That didn't last long, looks like all gone now.
That link takes you to a page that has no order button on, but if you click one tier back on ‘consoles’ near the top left, on that page it has the Series X and an ‘add to basket‘ button. It let me add one just now (didn’t go through checkout as I managed to bag one earlier).

I still have one in the basket and is still taking me to the payment page. Such a shame with other people who desperately want one.

That link takes you to a page that has no order button on, but if you click one tier back on ‘consoles’ near the top left, on that page it has the Series X and an ‘add to basket‘ button. It let me add one just now (didn’t go through checkout as I managed to bag one earlier).
I just assumed it was oos. I was only checking, i already have one ordered.

I still have one in the basket and is still taking me to the payment page. Such a shame with other people who desperately want one.

then release it u kant!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom