Xbox Series X

Looks a bit boring and slow paced but maybe there’s much more to come
I think a lot of people are looking at this as an FPS, whereas it really is a horror adventure/puzzler. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I think a lot of people are looking at this as an FPS, whereas it really is a horror adventure/puzzler. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Yeah I mean if you like horror this game looks like it’s going to be amazing. A visual showcase and dripping with atmosphere...I just don’t like horror. But reckon this will be a big deal for many.

That Scorn footage...looks good graphically but not sure on the gameplay. I’ll give it a go on GP tho for sure.

I'm speaking about next-gen games when I say 4k/120. I do not think they can do it, especially with ray-tracing.

On previous gen games, like Halo and Forza, yeah sure they probably can hit 4k/120. Like I said in my post though my PC was a Ryzen 2600 @ 4.2. That processor is clocked higher than the one in the Series X with a 1080Ti. I could not even hit 60fps stable at 4k in Warzone. My 1080Ti was on par with 2080 in most testing. So, I'm gonna be led to believe that a few optimizations and this console is gonna push DOUBLE the frames as my PC with a slower processor (granted its a 8 core vs a 6 core, but still slower)?

They will undoubtedly have to lower graphical settings and/or use checkerboard and DLSS tricks to get a 4k/120 output even on a current gen game like Warzone.
So the series X CPU is 8 cores not 6 so that we help out along as it's more online with ryzen 7 3800. Hopefully we see games really designed to use multiple cores now both consoles have more. You also have to remember the overheads on a console are far less than in pc, the hardware is focused on pushing games and games, there's no back end processes hammering the CPU. Most consoles have been far less powerful than pcs and put in decent performance considering how underpowered they are, consider the switch as a great example, some of those first party games look fantastic, but in reality the switch is lacking any grunt. They definitely won't hit 4k 120 on every title without some sacrifices to quality but I don't see why with heavy optimisation they can't hit it for multiplayer modes.

So the series X CPU is 8 cores not 6 so that we help out along as it's more online with ryzen 7 3800. Hopefully we see games really designed to use multiple cores now both consoles have more. You also have to remember the overheads on a console are far less than in pc, the hardware is focused on pushing games and games, there's no back end processes hammering the CPU. Most consoles have been far less powerful than pcs and put in decent performance considering how underpowered they are, consider the switch as a great example, some of those first party games look fantastic, but in reality the switch is lacking any grunt. They definitely won't hit 4k 120 on every title without some sacrifices to quality but I don't see why with heavy optimisation they can't hit it for multiplayer modes.

Even now most games don't use 8 cores for everything. The Jaguar cores were also 8 core systems all the way back to the original Xbox One and PS4.

6 Core is plenty for 99% of games as even the consoles usually dedicate a core for the O/S tasks. The X Cpu is a Zen 2 CPU like the 2x00 series, the 3800 you mention is a Zen3, which is faster than what's in the Xbox.

Not trying to argue just point out the incorrect statements. In most situations 6 cores at 4.2Ghz are going to outperform 8 [email protected] like the Xbox in all but the best optimized games.

You are right about the consoles having less overhead though. Not sure how much that alleviates the load though and how much of an FPS increase can be seen from that.

Cheers for the post. I tried to find the 4K downloads but in my ‘System Backup & Transfer‘ menu I just have the options for ‘Backup my settings’, ‘Network transfer’ and ‘Hard drive transfer’. I can’t see and 4k game content mentioned anywhere.
I had a look too and couldn't find the 4k option, I guess this is because I have the original xbox one and not the xbox one x variant. Can anyone else confirm? Shame as this would be good to do before the series x launch.

Here is some Series X scorn gameplay. Now graphics are great...but yeah makes me feel ill
Just watching it so no thanks!

At Last!! Some proper next gen game footage on the actual console! Lots of frame rate issues. But it’s an early game and looks very very good. And just flat out weird! Lots of great artwork. Should do well if it’s in Game Pass, better I feel then if it was just on sale in stores only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look too and couldn't find the 4k option, I guess this is because I have the original xbox one and not the xbox one x variant. Can anyone else confirm? Shame as this would be good to do before the series x launch.
My one x has the same options. We can download any game via the app now though regardless of owning it or not so should be able to preload any enhanced games when they release I'd imagine?

The X Cpu is a Zen 2 CPU like the 2x00 series, the 3800 you mention is a Zen3, which is faster than what's in the Xbox.

Zen 2 is the third generation of CPUs, after Zen+, so the 3XXX Ryzen processors are Zen 2. Zen 3 is the newly announced 5XXX series :)

I'm not entirely sure what ms are up to with this.

The lake is in Queenstown so I'm assuming as it's at 11pm they are hosting some kind of launch night event. Seeing as right now if the situation doesn't change we are actually allowed social gatherings and are the first location in the world for it to launch there might be some event coverage of some sort. As nice and picturesque as Queenstown is its not exactly full of people to out in a good event, especially without any tourists who make up a lot of the local population there.

First country to hit the launch day, didnt they do something similar for the last Xbox launch, putting one in an shark tank or something like that.

At Last!! Some proper next gen game footage on the actual console! Lots of frame rate issues. But it’s an early game and looks very very good. And just flat out weird! Lots of great artwork. Should do well if it’s in Game Pass, better I feel then if it was just on sale in stores only.
Gameplay looks boring tbh dead space far better.

Hoping them days of games that consist of all green,browns reds were gone..:thumbsdow

Hoping them days of games that consist of all green,browns reds were gone..:thumbsdow

You're 100% right, it looks like total gash - I don't mind horror I did all the dead space, some resident evils etc, but that just looked so boring and mush.

You're 100% right, it looks like total gash - I don't mind horror I did all the dead space, some resident evils etc, but that just looked so boring and mush.

A new Dead Space with HDR & ATMOS! now that would be a good! That game had some fun weapons!

A new Dead Space with HDR & ATMOS! now that would be a good remake. That game had some fun weapons!

I'm pretty sure near the end of the third one I ran thru almost an entire level because everything was chasing me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom