Xbox Series X

as for the games there wont be xbox series X exclusive games from Microsoft they will run on all the previous xbox one consoles. so for example Halo infinite you will be able to play that on xbox one S.

Sony are making PS5 exclusive games that wont run on previous consoles

as for the games there wont be xbox series X exclusive games from Microsoft they will run on all the previous xbox one consoles. so for example Halo infinite you will be able to play that on xbox one S.

Sony are making PS5 exclusive games that wont run on previous consoles
yeah not a problem for Microsoft due to the dynamic scaling.

I'd happily pay more if it meant it was going to be as powerful as can be, but you and me are the minority, i too think they will struggle if it's more than £450-500.
Sony priced themselves out of the market with the ps3 and look what happened, people went out and bought the 360.

Yep, I didn’t make myself clear earlier. As you say, many of us here would happily pay big money for a next gen console, but MS and Sony know many wouldn’t. So it becomes a balancing act of power vs price. . . I can’t imagine many parents giving little Jonny a positive response when he asks for the £550 Series X or PS5 for Christmas or his birthday.

Yep, I didn’t make myself clear earlier. As you say, many of us here would happily pay big money for a next gen console, but MS and Sony know many wouldn’t. So it becomes a balancing act of power vs price. . . I can’t imagine many parents giving little Jonny a positive response when he asks for the £550 Series X or PS5 for Christmas or his birthday.
I've just started saving £50 a month so by next year it'll be painless forking out £500 👍

I know power isn’t everything blah blah, but it’s becoming more and more apparent MS have built a bit of a BEAST. The trickle of specs suggests that but, for me, the design of the console itself tells a story - I like it, but I don’t believe MS would’ve done that unless it was necessary. . .

The difference an NVMe SSD will make can’t be understated, better graphics are all well and good but I’m sick of waiting a minute or longer when fast travelling, that being reduced to just a few seconds will make for a far better experience.

Imagine if MS were willing to take a £100 loss on every unit sold and sell it for £449.99, to gain market share. . .

Imagine if MS were willing to take a £100 loss on every unit sold and sell it for £449.99, to gain market share. . .
If the rumours are true that sony are already committed to using older tech then they might come in at £399 or even lower .

If the rumours are true that sony are already committed to using older tech then they might come in at £399 or even lower .

We’ll see, I just have a feeling MS will take a big hit on superior hardware to gain market share. Roll on this time next year. . .

I would be amazed if Sony would sell the PS5 for more than £399. MS could match that but I reckon it will be £449 with some Ultimate Games Pass thrown in.

I’m pretty sure MS will launch at £449, a sizeable hit taken. The hardware is pretty brutal, it seems, but Sony’s exclusives. . .

I’m pretty sure MS will launch at £449, a sizeable hit taken. The hardware is pretty brutal, it seems, but Sony’s exclusives. . .

MS could release the Series X at £349 and still not get Market Share imo. Sony are on a roll after MS fudgeed up this gen and Sony always pull people in with the exclusives and message.

I would be amazed if Sony would sell the PS5 for more than £399.

I’d be amazed if Sony could sell the PS5 for £399. MS have a far bigger capacity to take a financial hit on the hardware. Not only that, this time around, MS are in no mood to come off second best either in price or power. It’s gonna be very interesting.

MS could release the Series X at £349 and still not get Market Share imo. Sony are on a roll after MS fudgeed up this gen and Sony always pull people in with the exclusives and message.
MS will probably gain some market share with series X and a better games line up, but Sony will definitely remain the front runner with a considerable margin.

It's all good stuff though, all this rivalry is pushing console tech to the limit so were all benefiting.

I've just started saving £50 a month so by next year it'll be painless forking out £500 👍
I've got just under 140,000 MS reward points now (~£120) which I'm totting up each month with about ~10,000 more points using the Rewards app, Game Pass Quests and Rewards website. I'll cash in the points for credit to part pay against my order.

The only problem I foresee is how far in advance the pre-ordering will start and if any MS/Xbox credit I cash in will last before the pre-order is billed. Microsoft only charge your credit card ~10 days prior to release meaning that if you part pay with MS/Xbox credit, the credit may expire before the order is completed.

I had a similar issue when I pre-ordered State of Decay 2 using £5 credit at the time. The credit ran out about 15 days before the pre-order would have been charged so I was billed the full price. Thankfully I had contacted Microsoft support before the credit had expired and had a log where I was given the wrong advice about waiting and was compensated with 3 months of Gold subscription as they couldn't re-credit the £5 lost.

I own a Xbox X Scorpio edition from release date, and my only thing of maybe going for a PS and skipping this would be if Xbox continue not to develop Virtual reality. I had hoped with XBOX X we would have some form of it. M soft still dont seem keen. So for me I wont be getting one at launch.

The difference an NVMe SSD will make can’t be understated, better graphics are all well and good but I’m sick of waiting a minute or longer when fast travelling, that being reduced to just a few seconds will make for a far better experience.
Its the installation that kills a console game for me sometimes. You put a disk in and sit and wait for an hour to install....that should never have been allowed. I want to just put in the game and play it. NVME should hopefully help in that area!

What makes you lot choose Xbox over PlayStation then?
the controller. PS controllers are horrible to use, the Xbox controller fits in your hand far nicer and the analogue sticks are at an angle thats doesnt feel wrong. (my opinions)

Its the installation that kills a console game for me sometimes. You put a disk in and sit and wait for an hour to install....that should never have been allowed. I want to just put in the game and play it. NVME should hopefully help in that area!

It will still be limited by the UHD drive speed so installation will still take time especially as games continue to grow in size, the days of just putting a disc in and having the game run are long gone and for the advantages gained the wait is a small price to pay IMO however I have read speculation that Project xCloud could come into play so while you are installing you can stream the game and once installation is complete you switch over to the internal hardware but again this is just speculation and likely just wishful thinking.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom