Xbox Series X

Lots of people are getting units including Geoff Keighley, Tom Warren, Jeff Grubb, Ryan McCaffrey, CNET, IGN and Gamespot. But most importantly (for me) Digital Foundry has one :thumbsup:.

Exciting times ahead!

Hope they don't say its crap :laugh:

I wonder if they’ll have any next gen games to test, or will it be UI, BC and hardware?

Maybe not but I would be happy with Gears 5 and FH4 to see what it can do.
Yep, that’ll do nicely. Probably be next week at the earliest until we hear something I should imagine. DF will probably take weeks.

Maybe not but I would be happy with Gears 5 and FH4 to see what it can do.

I can’t see them getting new games...probably gears 5 and FH4 are good shouts...maybe couple of back compat things too...

Hmm. . .
9EE03FFE-E7D0-41BA-9BFD-BA6AB3185BE9.jpeg

Is there a charging dock for Series X controllers? I've ordered the rechargeable battery packs but wondered if there's a charging dock?

hang on you bought the batteries already but not the dock ? I think you wont be able to use the batteries then as each dock comes with its own batteries with contacts on the back to connect to the dock - these are today 3rd party products, if you have bought the micosoft ones they use a usb cable to charge. Actuall I have seen docks that have a usb connecter but I never use those as docks you can just drop the controller into are so much easier to use.

e.g.
like this for xbox one which is not junk (I love it) EDIT its not exspensive but my god its the best way to store and charge them.

Amazon product ASIN B00284AI3K

Is there an official play and charge kit for the new controller?

hang on you bought the batteries already but not the dock ? I think you wont be able to use the batteries then as each dock comes with its own batteries with contacts on the back to connect to the dock - these are today 3rd party products, if you have bought the micosoft ones they use a usb cable to charge. Actuall I have seen docks that have a usb connecter but I never use those as docks you can just drop the controller into are so much easier to use.

e.g.
like this for xbox one which is not junk (I love it)

Amazon product ASIN B00284AI3K
Haven’t tried that one but others I’ve used I’ve found pretty naff.

would love an official MS one like the PS one

@sparkie - you not wrong I had a Fosman one that was very average (but the batteries on the fosman swelled up and died one day), the Venom one works better and fits both my normal and elite controller and I like it but, yeah I would get an offical one if it existed most likely as well.

Last edited:
Get a Series 2 Elite Controller, comes with a built in battery and charging dock. Job done!

Seems some don’t like them because it has them built in but had mine since release and couldn’t be happier with it.

OK I am going on the record after seeing actual Xbox Series X's being sent out to reviewers to get hands on earily that MS are 100% confident in there hardware AND Sony are jeffing frightened of showing there hardware or in fact directly answering any questions at all about how anything on the PS5 actually works at this point .

Because its either
  • Inferior (CPU RAM GPU)
  • Unfinished (like the 3D sound stuff)
  • Doesn't exist (Storage exspansions)
  • Cannot be span to look better than Xbox in anyway
  • They are in a shambles and cannot put out this stuff cos they dont know (unlikely)
I am not trolling I am just amazed at how open MS has been and astonished that only a month and a bit from launch the thing I dont know about the PS5 and how it works - even after pre-orders.

I said around 12 months ago I wanted MS and Sony to approach this generation differently as have two console doing different thing would be interesting but this was not what I had in mind.

I love my Series 2 Elite controller, the solid and weighty, just feels right in the hands

unlike all the plastic creaking controllers which are supplied or sold separately

Is there an official play and charge kit for the new controller?
i was looking into this but was thinking of getting the Duracell AA 2500mAh Recharge Ultra Rechargeable bats with charger as the Microsoft charge kit is 1400mAh well the older version is.

i herd it's better to get the AA rechargeable bats and charger than the Microsoft versions but i don't know what to do on that one.

I’ve always used rechargeable eneloops in my pads. 2000mah each, they last ages. I can’t be faffing around having to connect pads to a lead when they die, that’s why Sony’s pads annoy me so much, apart from the horrendous symmetrical sticks! I have 2 sets of eneloops in rotation, works really well.

Edit - @Meridius go for the AA rechargeable route mate. So quick and easy to swap the bats out as and when.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom