Xbox Series X - will DTS X transcode to Dolby Atmos

StylishGum

Novice Member
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. I have an LG CX that does not pass DTS, and I need to connect the XSX directly to the TV to use VRR and ALLM. If I want to use the XSX as a 4k Blu-ray player and enjoy DTS X sound from discs, will the XSX transcode DTS X to Dolby Atmos if I have:

Unchecked let audio receiver decode in the Blu-ray player settings
HDMI Bitsream audio as Dolby Atmos in the sound settings

Is it keeping the DTS X data in the Dolby Atmos output? I know it'll output Dolby Atmos, but what is happening to the DTS X data? Is any of it being lost?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

gibbsy

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. I have an LG CX that does not pass DTS, and I need to connect the XSX directly to the TV to use VRR and ALLM. If I want to use the XSX as a 4k Blu-ray player and enjoy DTS X sound from discs, will the XSX transcode DTS X to Dolby Atmos if I have:

Unchecked let audio receiver decode in the Blu-ray player settings
HDMI Bitsream audio as Dolby Atmos in the sound settings

Is it keeping the DTS X data in the Dolby Atmos output? I know it'll output Dolby Atmos, but what is happening to the DTS X data? Is any of it being lost?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly.
Moved here.

joe-turbo

Did you find the answer,
I have a G1 and have set Xbox to uncompressed 5.1, and unticked let my receiver decode. (Xbox to G1, eArc to Denon receiver for 5.1)

Lloydy92

Late response but I found that asking the Xbox to convert DTS to Dolby lost a lot sound wise. Watching Skyfall going from one to the other really made the difference.

Basically if I’m watching DTS content I move the Xbox HDMI directly to my soundbar so that DTS can be played natively without interference.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom