TOM180990

Hi all , I’m sure many people have been asking for TVs for the series x but I’m sitting pretty close as the Xbox has replaced my pc.

I currently have an Ultrawide monitor and the Xbox series x doesn’t support it very well so need to find a tv replacement but as I’m sitting within 1m I’m struggling with size , features ect .

My budget is around £900 , I can stretch a little further if it’s worthwhile but looking to stay in budget if possible 👍 .

I’ve been looking at the Sony 43X89J which looks to possibly fit the bill but have heard it doesn’t yet support some of the advertised gaming features such as Vrr ect .

Which Tv would you all recommend for me purely for the Xbox series x , sat within a metre and around the £900 mark and why ?

Many thanks and apologies for the long post :p .

TOM180990

Yeah they do look to be the best quality at the moment , my only concern is using it for only gaming that I may get burn in and not covered on the warranty . I know I can get an OLED with cover from John Lewis but this puts me around £300 over budget :s

Dodgexander

Need to think about HDR more. X89J is not a capable HDR TV, the X90J gets close but isn't really very bright.

Timing also a factor, 2021 stock is expensive, 2020 stock if you can still find it will be cheaper.

Size may also be an issue for you, since 55" is really when higher spec TVs start to begin nowadays, especially if you don't go OLED.

martin 39

Depends were you are but john lewis at swindon outlet centre at the weekend had a 48 c1 for aroun the £750 mark. Im not sure if they sale the extra warranty but worth a call. The lad in work only uses his for gaming and had no trouble

TOM180990

Yeah £750 I would go for that too 😂 think they’re £1099 on John Lewis website . I’m in Manchester so it’s quite a drive to Swindon 🤪 . Thanks for the reply Dodgexander , would you recommend a Samsung QE50QN94A instead of the Sony X89J ?

Dodgexander

The QN9A is more similar to the X95J than the X90J or even X89J.

X89J shouldn't be considered at all in my opinion.

These are all 2021 models too, they are all obtrusively expensive, best wait to buy those in sales if that's what you want to go for.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom