Xbox Series X / S Successful Pre Ordered Thread

Yes I think so for him sadly. I’ll keep checking for him. Can I reserve and he collects?
Not sure as I've never shopped from smyths. What you need to do is get the X into your basket at least once by selecting any region that has it in stock. Then keep refreshing for something local (probably Slough/west london like me). They will definitely be popping up today.

Not sure as I've never shopped from smyths. What you need to do is get the X into your basket at least once by selecting any region that has it in stock. Then keep refreshing for something local (probably Slough/west london like me). They will definitely be popping up today.
Thanks mate, appreciate the help

Can we try and keep the heads up posts in the heads up thread please. People are watching that thread for notifications about stock, but missing out because the posts are getting buried in the wrong threads. Thanks.

Mine is being returned on Tuesday due to the faulty drive. I could have kept it for longer but to be honest its not really giving me much more than my xbox one...

Mine is being returned on Tuesday due to the faulty drive. I could have kept it for longer but to be honest its not really giving me much more than my xbox one...
Whats wrong with the drive if you don't mine me asking?

I was able to get my series X this morning on Best Buy.com. I was refreshing from 645 to 715 EDT, but it hit the cart. Best Buy made you jump through an extra hoop by sending a code to have to enter on the website to my email, but i got it and pick it up at local store next Saturday!!

Whats wrong with the drive if you don't mine me asking?
I offer up the disc and all I get is a rattle and a few tugs on it but the drive will not pull the disc in...

I was lucky enough to get one via Smyths click and collect yesterday. Had to travel to Manfield after missing out at Northampton, Nottingham and Cheltenham.
I managed to get mine around 10am and it was evident that multiple stores were releasing limited number of stock (up to 10 units per store).
I understand that stock was bwing released at different stores yesterday up to 3pm.

Nothing again today, no change, chased UPS today and they have more or less admitted it is lost and they will have to refund Microsoft and I will need to contact them and either get a refund or replacement! The guy I spoke to asked whether it was an Xbox and apologised for the item going missing.

I basically think it has been knicked (words fails me).

I’ve called Microsoft and escalated it again and said that (when asked) I wasn’t prepared to accept a refund. So now I am waiting on further guidance from Microsoft on how we resolve this, I am prepared to wait but I don’t want a refund unless they can guarantee that none of it has an expiry date.
Had an email from Microsoft today saying.....

Your package has been lost in transit and won’t be delivered. We apologise for the inconvenience.​
42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif
Please contact Customer Support so we can make things right by sending your order again or issuing a refund.​

So I’ve called them again, quoted my outstanding escalation ticket and that I still want the console, they said to expect contact from them in the next 2-3 business days, let’s hope so.

At one point he was on about a special link to reorder it on but when I queried it, not wanting to reorder again, he said it was fine he was talking internally(!?).

My order has now gone to Dispatched Est 12 Nov on the Microsoft site and the UPS tracker now says Update - we’ve begun an investigation to locate the package!

Not that I’m expecting anything back from UPS, just hope it gets resolved ASAP.

im hoping Microsoft Console ban that serial number so the thieves cant use it but I suspect it will go to someone willing to pay over the odds and that they will end up with a brick for Xmas!?

Thanks for the update.
I tried calling but it seems they’re only open Monday to Friday.
I did, however, get a call back from a support person I spoke to a few days ago, she’s going to escalate it for me now.
Hopefully it goes a similar way to yours and gets dispatched within a few days 😀
Did you get anywhere Hawky525 ?

Just had an email from Currys with Black Friday deals, and within it it says more Xbox Series X/S stock will be landing at 1pm tomorrow.

I've been communicating with Very on their Facebook page via FB messaging. Last I heard was to give it 72 hours from my original delivery date (last Thursday) and check my tracking status as it should be showing a tracking number. Well its 72 hours now and still nothing further regarding tracking. I have seen that my delivery date is now Dec 2nd so I sent them another requesting confirmation that I will get my Xbox by this date but I haven't had a response yet.

I've been communicating with Very on their Facebook page via FB messaging. Last I heard was to give it 72 hours from my original delivery date (last Thursday) and check my tracking status as it should be showing a tracking number. Well its 72 hours now and still nothing further regarding tracking. I have seen that my delivery date is now Dec 2nd so I sent them another requesting confirmation that I will get my Xbox by this date but I haven't had a response yet.

I’ve been chatting with them on Twitter over the weekend and continued this morning via webchat. They told me they would definitely be getting stock and I can definitely expect delivery Dec 2nd, with a tracking number a day or two beforehand. Watch this space! 🙄

Last edited:
I’ve been chatting with them on Twitter over the weekend and continued this morning via webchat. They told me they would definitely be getting stock and I can definitely expect delivery Dec 2nd, with a tracking number a day or two beforehand. Watch this space! 🙄

That is very encouraging. I received a response in the past hour. It says...

Is this the expected date on the account now. Does this show as the 2nd December?
If so, I recommend waiting for this date for the parcel to arrive.
Thanks Craig.

Yodel site is saying
Estimated delivery date
Unavailable at this time
So not convinced it’ll be today

Yodel site is saying
Estimated delivery date
Unavailable at this time
So not convinced it’ll be today

sorry mate forgot to say I could see mine is at the local depot. Just clicked into it now and it does give today, fingers crossed yours won’t be long :smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also received the same Very email, and it looks like my Series X will be delivered tomorrow if all goes to plan. So now keeping my fingers crossed that there are no courier issues and that all is well with the unit when it gets unpacked and switched on by my son on Christmas morning!

No Very email for me yet and I ordered mine on the 17th :mad:
Hopefully I'll get an email later today?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom