Xbox Series X/S show off thread!

So last night I decided to try it horizontal on my AV cabinet, by eye I always assumed that there wasn't enough room, To my surprise there is just enough room and leaves an inch and a half space from the air vent to my centre speaker, so off the floor it is.

4UbHa1O.jpg

qutmsnt.jpg

Cheers! Yeah it sure is, great SB IMO.

how are you getting on with it? I’m pretty set on getting this, can I ask a couple of questions?

Is it the LG CX you have ? If so have you got the tv raised at all or does the JBL SB not block the screen at standard height?

I have no doubt this is decent when turned up, what about on low level? Ie if I have OH and Kids in bed, is it ok? Can you turn the sub off in that scenario and just have sound bar and rears?

sorry I know this is wrong thread, but your the first person I’ve seen with the exact combo I’m looking at!

how are you getting on with it? I’m pretty set on getting this, can I ask a couple of questions?

Is it the LG CX you have ? If so have you got the tv raised at all or does the JBL SB not block the screen at standard height?

I have no doubt this is decent when turned up, what about on low level? Ie if I have OH and Kids in bed, is it ok? Can you turn the sub off in that scenario and just have sound bar and rears?

sorry I know this is wrong thread, but your the first person I’ve seen with the exact combo I’m looking at!

I don't find it blocks the TV, it's just about right! You can adjust the bass level on the subwoofer 1-5 and there is also a night mode too.

So last night I decided to try it horizontal on my AV cabinet, by eye I always assumed that there wasn't enough room, To my surprise there is just enough room and leaves an inch and a half space from the air vent to my centre speaker, so off the floor it is.

4UbHa1O.jpg

qutmsnt.jpg
Think I would want more room from the vent, it really pumps out the hot air!

Think I would want more room from the vent, it really pumps out the hot air!

Thanks I had it on all day yesterday with a mixture of gaming and watching 4k blu rays. It only got luke warm and is only a cm shy of the recommended clearance. Its completely open as well so it wouldn't heat up as much as in a closed cabinet. Will keep an eye on it of course!

Nice Jason 👍🏻
Cheers Bud. Huge Friday fan. Must have 20 Jason statues. Just picked up the new Friday R1 blu-ray collection. Its a stunner.

Nothing special, one thing i do like is to hide cables (OCD).....i use a monitor as i find big t.v's give me eye strain, plus gives me better sharper images, everything is hidden in a room behind the monitor (my wifes walk in clothes room).

Sorry about picture quality, crappy camera :blush:

p.s the soundbar is only used for my p.c which is also in the same back room.....when i use the p.c i just put the mouse & keyboard on the shelf in the piccy.

So basically the monitor is for my p.c and xbox.

1.JPG

Got lucky with Argos at 2am Wednesday morning. Didn’t want the game but was rushing to get the console purchase through so will be selling that on.
(No full room pics with the console in situ as it’s all been overtaken with Xmas decorations!)
B2DFBF5E-0FF3-4715-B402-9DDCB8A42346.jpeg
56731BA2-35DB-4844-BD01-ADD4F3EE0C43.jpeg
99335303-90A7-4D6E-9E3D-1002B2D3D8DA.jpeg
6A4AE81F-72B6-43FB-AE76-A8A3E0C7C6DF.jpeg

Nothing special, one thing i do like is to hide cables (OCD).....i use a monitor as i find big t.v's give me eye strain, plus gives me better sharper images, everything is hidden in a room behind the monitor (my wifes walk in clothes room).

Sorry about picture quality, crappy camera :blush:

p.s the soundbar is only used for my p.c which is also in the same back room.....when i use the p.c i just put the mouse & keyboard on the shelf in the piccy.

So basically the monitor is for my p.c and xbox.

View attachment 1410653
Nice looking vape. :smashin:

Got lucky with Argos at 2am Wednesday morning. Didn’t want the game but was rushing to get the console purchase through so will be selling that on.
(No full room pics with the console in situ as it’s all been overtaken with Xmas decorations!)
View attachment 1410667View attachment 1410669View attachment 1410670View attachment 1410673

Very nice, notice you have Orbi, they any good? was thinking about switching to that at some point, just have an asus router currently.

Very nice, notice you have Orbi, they any good? was thinking about switching to that at some point, just have an asus router currently.
Yep, I find it great as we are across 3 floors. Worked well with the router and one satellite but even better now that I have and extra satellite in the house and an outdoor one in the garage :)

Only issue I find is when adding HomeKit accessories to my smartphone setup as you cannot completely turn off the 5Ghz network and so some accessories struggle to connect.

Yep, I find it great as we are across 3 floors. Worked well with the router and one satellite but even better now that I have and extra satellite in the house and an outdoor one in the garage :)

Only issue I find is when adding HomeKit accessories to my smartphone setup as you cannot completely turn off the 5Ghz network and so some accessories struggle to connect.

Might look into it more next year then, only two floors so likely only need the router and 1 satellite, just struggle a bit at the rear of the property.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom