Xbox Series X Physical Games Offline

Unioxe

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to buy an Xbox Series X, but I would like to know if it’s possible to play physical games without ever having an internet connection?

I know I need a connection for my first Xbox Series X launch and physical games who work on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. However, I would like to know if physical games who play only on Xbox Series X and not on Xbox One work without internet? Without ever having an internet connection?

Thanks

For the most part I would say no as it seems the game discs only include the base Xbox One version, the Series version a lot of the time needs to be downloaded plus more and more games are too big for a Blu-ray so require the remaining data to be downloaded.

I ask because the PlayStation 5 don't need an internet connection for the first launch of many physicals games, and I need a console that can be are totally offline for downloading games.

Thank you for your reply!

It will be a game by game basis and highly doubt the PS5 works like that. If you are using a current gen console and the latest games then you will need an internet connection for updates or to download the remainder of the game. Discs nowadays are just a license for the game.

You would need to check each game and ensure no online element is needed.

Ok I understand. It's sad, but I expected this one day. So, I will stay on my PC.

Thanks!

Yes I need an internet connection, but I was still on consoles because I love physics games and I like to play them 20-30 years later.

I have a powerful computer, so is unuseful for me to have an consoles which does almost the same thing as my PC (playing digital games).

Once the game is updated and installed then you probably won't need a connection if it doesn't rely on an online element. I assumed you meant no internet connection at all to play the games now.

Oh ok, yes I have internet connection but if I buy a Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5, it's because I can to play games without any internet connection (100% download a disk offline). I would be disappointed not to be able to play it in 20 years, if server is closed. If in future years my console will break, I will never be able to play my games again, even if I buy a used one.

Oh ok, yes I have internet connection but if I buy a Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5, it's because I can to play games without any internet connection (100% download a disk offline). I would be disappointed not to be able to play it in 20 years, if server is closed. If in future years my console will break, I will never be able to play my games again, even if I buy a used one.
Afraid that sort of feature died a few generations ago now, the Xbox 360 and PS3 were the last one's where you could play without requiring internet access and nowadays games are designed around requiring internet access for some reason.

I understand, thank you everyone for your reply it's appreciated !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom