Xbox series X, PHILLIPS AMBI LIGHT 65PUS8555/12

Adrian2973

Novice Member
Hi, I have the PHILLIPS AMBI LIGHT 65PUS8555/12 and up until about a week ago I’ve been playing my XBOX ONE X perfectly fine when I upgraded to the XBOX SERIES X, the picture style keeps changing every time I start a new game!!

The auto sensor is turned off, I’ll select game setting and as soon as it detects HDR signal it reverts back to night setting which is all gloomy and the colours just seem washed out.

Any advice or tips to correctly setting up the Tv would be greatly appreciated, I only live in a bed sit (one room, two windows with them behind the Tv and blackout curtains), I don’t understand all the settings.

Thanks in advance.

Cakefish

Hi, I have the PHILLIPS AMBI LIGHT 65PUS8555/12 and up until about a week ago I’ve been playing my XBOX ONE X perfectly fine when I upgraded to the XBOX SERIES X, the picture style keeps changing every time I start a new game!!

The auto sensor is turned off, I’ll select game setting and as soon as it detects HDR signal it reverts back to night setting which is all gloomy and the colours just seem washed out.

Any advice or tips to correctly setting up the Tv would be greatly appreciated, I only live in a bed sit (one room, two windows with them behind the Tv and blackout curtains), I don’t understand all the settings.

Thanks in advance.
That’s certain games enabling HDR mode. To get some brightness back disable Contrast Mode in Advanced picture settings. Might be set to ‘Optimised for Picture’ or ‘Normal’ by default - personally I’ve found it dims the image way too much on my Philips TV to be usable so turn it to the ‘Off’ setting.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom