Xbox Series X Expandable Storage

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Those looking at an SSD on a usb enclosure might want to check this out. Yes it's about the Xbox one but it's a starting point for what to expect if you choose to run Xbox one games from the external drive. I suspect we'll see better gains on the series X using one of these as there's other improved parts on the prices as well.

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
Am I right in remembering they used to let you connect one console to another to transfer things?

I’m sure you could connect them via Ethernet or on the same network and they could transfer everything

Nukleuz

Yep, you can do a network transfer across any consoles on your lan, may not be the most efficient if consoles are wireless though.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Yep, you can do a network transfer across any consoles on your lan, may not be the most efficient if consoles are wireless though.
Might keep the old one S somewhere with a stash of other games on it for copying, really not going to be the fastest transfer that way but hey it's another Tb of storage and media player somewhere.

louisg

Just pre-ordered the expansion from Amazon just in case I do want it near the release date

Amazon product
Its the only way to effectively expand the fast internal storage pool. Have a 4TB pocket USB3.1 drive I can also plug in for temporary storage.

Seems its sold out already on Amazon :(

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
I have put the request in for the forum name to be updated, but nobody's got back to me yet. I'll chase it up today.

A Moderator of a Forum can't change the Title name or Forum? o_O

Does it have to be approved, and changed by 'Special Forces IT AV Management Team :rotfl:

crunchman

Wow, I'd never have thought this would be popular enough to sell out at that price.

Or optimistically they've removed from sale to lower the price? :D

I'm building up my Microsoft reward points to buy it...

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
After saying I was going to manage with my external, this has completely suckered me in !!

I can always cancel my order if I change my mind, but 2TB is going to be ample for my needs

Plus, as mentioned above... I'm a sucker for new Tech :rotfl::facepalm:

Nukleuz

Shouldn't this be called the Xbox Series X¦S Forum and not Xbox One X?!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett