Xbox Series X Controller

MartinH32

Will it work wireless on a PC using the XBox One dongle? Anyone know?

next010

Distinguished Member
I don't have one but there is reason it shouldn't, the PR pieces out there say it does.

Fillius

Will it work wireless on a PC using the XBox One dongle? Anyone know?
I tried to find out if the dongle packaged with the new Series X controller was any different to the existing dongle. Everything I found seemed to indicate it was the same one, so it should work.

I decided to wait and order the new bundle just incase, but it's probably identical. I should be able to confirm in a few days when it arrives.

Matt Horne

Why would you not use Bluetooth? I suspect that’s the way they are heading... not bothered with the dongle since the last revision of the Xbox one x controllers... just have it linked via bt.

cheers

matt

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Why would you not use Bluetooth? I suspect that’s the way they are heading... not bothered with the dongle since the last revision of the Xbox one x controllers... just have it linked via bt.

cheers

matt

Because Bluetooth is unreliable, too many disconnects which isn’t good when gaming, the wireless dongle is brilliant and works perfectly.

Fillius

Because Bluetooth is unreliable, too many disconnects which isn’t good when gaming, the wireless dongle is brilliant and works perfectly.
BT also has higher latency than the dongle.

Matt Horne

Interesting... tbh I am not a hardcore gamer and the pc sits next to where I sit. in fact the only lag I had seen with using the controller over Bluetooth was when I had not realised that the wifi antenna for the msi unify board also was used for the Bluetooth signal as well 😂. Since plugging it in it has been perfect.

it will be interesting to see if Microsoft do a controller dongle bundle like they have in the past.

thanks

matt

IRobot

I've never noticed any difference between using a Bluetooth dongle and the controller dongle. Never had any disconnects.

The only reason I use the Bluetooth dongle is that it's plugged into the front of my PC and it's tiny. The xbox dongle sticks out much more.

Dongles.jpeg

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
I've never noticed any difference between using a Bluetooth dongle and the controller dongle. Never had any disconnects.

The only reason I use the Bluetooth dongle is that it's plugged into the front of my PC and it's tiny. The xbox dongle sticks out much more.

View attachment 1397071

Mine came with a usb extension cable, so it doesn’t have to stick “out” the back (or in your case front), but sort of hang out the way

psikey

Distinguished Member
I still use mine Wired to my PC. Solid connection all the time :smashin: Dont have to change or charge batteries either.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom