Xbox series X and Sony AV Receiver, NO HDR help

laser1972

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Xbox Series X, my Sony receiver works with everything else.. (including the Apple 4K tv which i sold when i got the xbox)

I have a Roku that displays 4K and HDR10 w/o any issues and also a LG ultra 4K Blu Ray that works with HDR also on DVDS

When I try the Xbox, i get NO HDR (settings cannot be changed), i get the 4K UHD signal, but cant get the HDR.

I tried different cables, even the cables that work with the other devices, mixed results, sometimes I get 1080P and not even 4K

I have changed the settings on the receiver to "enhanced" mode for 4K (all of the video settings are default to that)

Any ideas?.. If i hook the Xbox directly to my Optoma projector directly, it does show the HDR10, but when I go thru the receiver, does not

I am just confused to see everything else work but this system, it lags and stalls when I play 4K blu rays on it also and not HDR is even displaued..

Equipment

Xbox series X
Sony STR-DN1080
Optoma IHD50

I had no issues when had a xbox S and played 4K's thru it..

Have you tried a different port on the receiver? and have you tried enabling Y:2:2?

I just purchased the Xbox Series X, my Sony receiver works with everything else.. (including the Apple 4K tv which i sold when i got the xbox)

I have a Roku that displays 4K and HDR10 w/o any issues and also a LG ultra 4K Blu Ray that works with HDR also on DVDS

When I try the Xbox, i get NO HDR (settings cannot be changed), i get the 4K UHD signal, but cant get the HDR.

I tried different cables, even the cables that work with the other devices, mixed results, sometimes I get 1080P and not even 4K

I have changed the settings on the receiver to "enhanced" mode for 4K (all of the video settings are default to that)

Any ideas?.. If i hook the Xbox directly to my Optoma projector directly, it does show the HDR10, but when I go thru the receiver, does not

I am just confused to see everything else work but this system, it lags and stalls when I play 4K blu rays on it also and not HDR is even displaued..

Equipment

Xbox series X
Sony STR-DN1080
Optoma IHD50

I had no issues when had a xbox S and played 4K's thru it..
Maybe this might help
Xbox One X connection to a Sony STR DN1080 AV receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom