1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX & Samsung PS42P3S Plasma

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jdl, Feb 6, 2004.

1. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the PS42P3S Samsung plasma and i am not happy a bit with this tv, anyway i connect my Xbox via RGB scart (the tv has not component input) and the main problem is that when i play mainly the backrounds appears to have some heavy gosting when the camera pans around fast.
    When the picture is still the PQ is fine not excellent but fine, the problem starts when you start to move, so i am wondering is this Samsung's problem or all plasmas react to fast moving with gosting.
    Same thing happens with PS2 and Gamecube also.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Pugger

Pugger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its a known fact that both Plasmas and LCD TV's have problems with fast moving pictures as you have found out. Even high end screens have problems although they are improving all the time. If you want a good quality picture you should have bought a widescren CRT TV. None of the new thin TV's can touch a good CRT for picture quality. The best two being The Phillips Pixel Plus and Panasonics PD30. Both give amazingly detailed pictures and have component inputs that give even better pictures.

3. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The philips pixel plus does not have component inputs and both of these sets have their own fair share of problems too. While plasma screens can leave trails and nasty side-effects with games, this is only on the lower end models and the newer ones should cope fine.

Im not saying your plasma is a bad one (id love a PS42P3S) but its not quite as advanced as the pioneer/panasonic/hitachi.

It could be settings on the plasma itself, check that things like DNR are swicthed off and any other "enhancements". Also check the quality of the RGB scart cable your using and make sure the inputs of the panel are set to RGB.

Check out the plasma section on these forums for more tweaks and dont just give up on plasma and go back to CRT as they have more problems than anything else.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I can never understand why anyone would choose a plasma over a projector and screen. Seeing as the same comparison in money yield far greater results for projectors.

5. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks guys.

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    I use a little 37pwh as my second set when the projector is off.
    It has its faults but ghosting on fast action or games isn't one of them.
    Although I do run my Xbox through an HTPC for offboard deinterlacing and scaling.