1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox RPG future

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Toasty, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    If the xbox lacked anything, it has lacked a good catalogue of RPG's, especially the Japanese style RPG. Is this likely to change with the xbox360?

2. Toekiller

Toekiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Very suprised you ask this as the press coverage has been big these games are mentioned all over the place.
    Plenty of asian Rpg's coming out for 360.....

99 Nights
    Video here 9meg
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7084&type=wmv

[Em] eCHANT aRM

Video here 11meg
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6970&type=wmv

Lost Odyssey

Video here 13meg
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5860&type=wmv

Blue Dragon
    Info here
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...ws_6124454.html

Also coming out is..
    Far East of Eden Ziria - Tales from Distant Jipang a sequel to the superb Pc Engine Rpg's. Final Fantasy 11 fully online and can play with Ps2 + Pc users.

4. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    Thanks Captain, I'd only heard that MS had been targetting asian developers, thanks for the list above. This is encouraging, I hope they come to fruition.

5. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Don't forget Oblivion the sequal to morrowind, which is hyped to be one of the best games ever. I belive they are hopeing to have it out for launch in the US but none of the UK sites seem to have it for preorder yet.

Edit - bioware are working on a couple too I belive. (makers of Knights of the republic and the amazing Balders gate RPG's for the PC.)

One is Jade Empire two and they are also working on a FPS RPG which sounds fun too.

Second edit lol - I'm hopeing that since square are releaseing their MMORPG Final fantasy for the Xbox 360 that they will also start to release their normal RPG Final fantasys too. Would be a bit blow to Sony if thats the case. Final Fantasy is a big reason to have a Playstation

6. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well those are western Rpg's so are very different in feel and gameplay to asian rpg's - I'm still going to buy Oblivion as that looks superb nd i did enjoy morrowind on the xbox.
    Also Square are working on another 360 game aswell as Final fantasy 11 - hopefully it will be something cool - I would love to see a sequel to Vagrant Story or Parasite eve 3 on 360, that would be awesome. But sadly they are keeping very quiet about what they are working on.

7. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Final Fantasy is an Asian RPG and I belive Jade Empire is also (although not made by an Asian Company) but yes the others are Western.

It looks like its going to be a great platform for RPGs of all types. Can't wait for Nov/Dec.

I'm hopeing being able to sit in bed with wireless controllers on the new plasma TV will be enough to convince my wife that consoles are fun and she wants to play too ;)

8. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    FFXI is indeed in a very Japanese style. The game is quite good, and you can play with PC and PS2 gamers together. There's two expansion packs, and a new one is apparently in the works, according to rumours.

9. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope Bioware come back to form, I was a big fan of Balder's gate and KOTOR, but Jade Empire just didnt do it for me.