1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX RGB Scart Cable?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Indiana Jones, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,939
    I know TVs differ but what I type below is how my TV displays.

I have my DVD Player connected to the RGB enabled socket on my TV and when I turn on the player it cuts in automatically and the letters RGB are displayed in the top right hand corner so I assume this means the TV is detecting an RGB signal coming from the DVD Player.

When I hook up my Gamecube to the same socket on the TV and use the Scart cable I got for my Gamecube years ago the Gamecube cuts straight in and the letters RGB are also displayed so I assume this means the scart cable for my Gamecube is RGB wired, is this correct?

Last but not least, when I hook up my XBOX to the RGB enabled socket using what I was told when I bought it is an RGB Scart cable the picture cuts straight in but the letters RGB are not displayed, does this mean the cable for my XBOX is infact not RGB wired? or can it still be an RGB wired cable as the quality look very nice but I really want the best and if my current cable is not RGB wired then I will replace it.

2. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Its possible that you have a scart which is not fully wired in which case you might be receiving composite signal or even s video. Are all the pins present in the scart or are some missing?

Matt

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,939
    All the pins are there, would have noticed straight away it they werent.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    What happens when you switch the cables over?

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,939
    What exactly do you mean?

I have always unplugged the DVD Player to use the PS2, Gamecube or XBOX and with my new TV the PS2, Gamecube and DVD Player makes the letters RGB be displayed in the corner but because they are not present when I turn on the XBOX I was just wondering whether this means the cable isnt actually RGB wired or if it is a RGB cable and there is a reason why the letters are not displayed.