Xbox restarting when TV turns off

TimmyBee86

Novice Member
Hi,

I have just noticed a problem which i cant quite understand.
Im still trying to work out if its related tp the new Xbox dash or not.

Whenever i turn off my TV, the Xbox restarts...
I have tried it with the Xbox on and off, and both times, the green light flashes a few times (like it does when you have got active downloads etc) and then fully turns back on.
I have tested this by turning off the TV with the on/off button instead of the remote, and it still happens, so it is not interference from the remote.

My TV (see my sig) has a 'CNET+' mode which, i think, means HDMI devices should turn on/off with the TV, but this is turned off. (even when its on, it does not recognise the Xbox)

I have also checked the Xbox settings, but cannot find anything that is insturcting it to turn off/on with the TV.

This has only started happening since the update, but recenly i have been playing around with connections between TV and Xbox - so not sure if me changing things has caused it.
Currently, i have the Xbox connected to the TV by HDMI, and then i have removed the casing from a AV cable, so that is also plugged in, with the Optical going to my amp.

Anyone had similar issues? anyone actually know what CNET+ does? (now thinking about it, im not 100% sure thats what its called)

Edit: its Anynet+. And should not be applicable

"Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with your Samsung
TV's remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that have the Anynet+ feature. To be sure your
Samsung device has this feature, check if there is an Anynet+ logo on it."

Last edited:
AnyNet is Samsungs implementation of the industry standard CEC and this behaviour occurs unless you have a special dongle in the AV port also.

TimmyBee86

Novice Member
ah ok, so my bodge stripped down cable is at fault?
Looks like i'll be needing the dongle then

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom