1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Questions!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by CatManDo, Mar 26, 2005.

1. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I have just bought a crystal xbox and I already have a black xbox in my living room.

My plan is to have the crystal one to replace my black in the living room and the black one upstairs, but this creates the following questions:

1. Is it possible to transfer my xbox live account from the black to crystal xbox?

2. How can I transfer game saves from one xbox to the other?

3. My xbox is currently connected via cat 5 to a Netgear 834 wireless router, how could I connect the one going upstairs to this for live? It is too far to cable so what wireless device at the xbox end would I need?

4. Providing I get all the above to work, is there any problems having both xboxes connected to live at the same time playing the same live game? (I know I will need two copies of the game).

Lots of questions I know, would appreciate and help or advice.

TIA

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You will need a wireless etehrnet box, that connects to a cat5 cables (the other end going into your xbox) in order to network the other xbox. See this product as an example: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=78052

You cannot log into the same account from 2 xboxes at the same time, though I am pretty sure there are no problems with using the same account at different times. Dont forget you can always play system link games instead which is often more fun because you know everybody you are fighting.

To transfer your saves you will need a memory card (if they are both chipped xboxes then you could do it via the network).