Xbox >PVR > Component & VGA Help please!?

bittermace

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK well first things first thanks for taking an interest in helping me I have most of this setup planned out except for a couple connections that I could Really use some help with

diagram.jpg

Diagram Full Size

1. As you can see from the picture I have created, I want to be able to split my VGA signal from the Xbox 360 to the VGA on the monitor and the Component connector on the Comp Switch.

The Orange parts in the diagram are the connections I need help with.
Would I need a cable for this or a converter/ adapter box ?

Im thinking that because both the 360 and Profigold Switch accept Component I would need the cable for this rather than the expensive converter

2. Then from the PVR I need to be able to convert the signal back from Component > VGA into the VGA Splitter.
Would this also need a cable or a converter/ adapter box ?

For this im thinking that as my monitor dosent mention component settings I may well need the converter.

If you can follow the diagram I want to be able to play the xbox 360 on its original VGA resolution but be able to flip the VGA switch just to check and make sure I am recording the right Comp channel (Xbox 360, DVD, Wii) etc. any help people can give would be greatly appreciated/

Last edited:
AFAIK Component and VGA are different signals so unless the devices can accept/output VGA over component or component over VGA you'll need two converter boxes.

AFAIK Component and VGA are different signals so unless the devices can accept/output VGA over component or component over VGA you'll need two converter boxes.

Hi thanks for the reply mate yeah thats my thoughts but from the xbox side it does support component out & VGA out (so im assuming component over VGA is plausable as both Xbox and the Component Switch can run Component). so im thinking I only need a converter box on the PVR to VGA Switch if that makes sense ?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom