Xbox purchase/query???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Halo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned a PS2 since it came out and I just fancy a change! To all console fans, is it worth me buying an Xbox as the current price is good and all my mates who own one keep telling me how much better the grapics, realism, sound is etc. Im not a majorly fussy person but I do like quality emersion in my games, I'm into games like Hitman, Freedom Fighters, GTA, Killzone, Call of Duty, Silent Hill etc. I know the Xbox2 'Xenon' is out end of this year but for the time being, is the Xbox worth getting??? Please help anyone....

2. Clabs

Clabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Halo. I have owned a ps2 since they were first launched in Japan and for a long time I really thought it was the dogs. I then got given an Xbox as part of a promotion from my IT supplier for buying a certain quantity of magnetic media. I have to say that my first impressions were that it wasn't anything special. I didn't like the controller and the only game that I didn't have on PS2 that everyone raved about was Halo (which I have never really gotten on with). So it sat under my telly and hardly ever got switched on.

That was until I learnt about modding the xbox. I chipped mine and put a bigger hard disk in it and what a difference! I can now play all my games from the hard drive so no more fannying around changing disks and no more scratched disks (my gaming room has a tiled floor and I hate to think how many disks the kids have wrecked!). I also use it to play mp3's and movies. I can even browse the net from mine!

Hooked up to my plasma and surround sound, game play is truly stunning and I have added a couple of wireless controllers (Game's own brand) which are much nearer the size of the PS2 controllers. It is my view that gameplay doesn't get any better than this. As for the PS2 - it isn't even plugged in and I cannot think of the last time we used it!

This isn't just my opinion - ALL my mates who have seen my Xbox have gone straight out and bought one.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Clabs.

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Personally i'd say it's deffinately worth getting an X-Box. I'd had a PS2 for a few years and when I found out that PES4 was going to be online for X-Box & not PS2 I bought an X-Box.

Although I kept the PS2 & have a Gamecube I have found that the X-box has had the vast majority of my gaming time. The best aspect of the X-Box is the online Live service. This works great and the majority of games on the X-Box are Live enabled allowing you to play with real people (not just AI). X-Box Live is vastly superior to the PS2 Online service so if you like your online gaming then i'd recommend an X-Box.

As well as the Live aspect there are stacks of imersive games like Halo 1 & 2 (FPS), PGR2 (Brilliant online arcade racer), Ninja Gaiden (Excellent Action/Adventure), PES4 (great online football action). There's also a great WW2 shooter (seeing that you like COD) that you may like called Brothers in Arms that's coming out soon!

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ive been thinking of gettin an xbox, currently have a ps2.. im waiting for xbox2 tho, if u have good patience you'll be able to also.. :p

5. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input. I did go out and get an X-Box and I am impressed. It seems the loading times are quicker, has faster, smoother graphics and bundles more detail in characters and backgrounds. I really wish I could connect it via component to my LCD though without getting it chipped as you can connect the playstation via component without chipping. I have Halo2, SC Pandora Tommorow, Silent Hill 4 and Hitman: Contracts. Not a bad start. Any help on getting the best possible visual results on my LCD without chipping/modding would by greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6. Crazer

Crazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Halo, you can connect the xbox via component without getting it chipped. You just can't output a progressive picture. I have the official hidef kit and my xbox is not mod. The picture is far better than with scart.

7. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get the hidef kit from crazer?

8. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Get hidef kit from HERE.
    I paid extra 26 dollars I think it was for special delivery with DHL.
    Ordered on the Sunday night, arrived Wednesday morning......
    Excellent service.

9. Halo

Halo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, thanks for the help.

10. Crazer

Crazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Halo,

sorry I haven replied sooner (very busy at work). Just a note to say make sure you get the official kit and dont be tempted by the cheaper ones. Reports are that they can make the picture worse. Also somthing else you might want to know I ordered mine from Lik-sang along with a component kit for gamecube. It came to about £40 or so with delivery. When it arrived, or should I say a card arrived from Royal Mail saying outstanding payment of £10 for customs. I was a bit surprised to say the least. Has anyone else had this or should I expect that?

11. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my lik sang order had no charges. maybe u were just unlucky. i was blown away with the step up in quality with a hi def kit. i wasnt expecting it at all.

12. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How? I had looked into this when I chipped mine but came up with nothing. All the research I did indicated it can't act as a web browser.