1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox, PS2 picture problems on LE32A41B. help!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by hazzarazza, Jun 12, 2005.

1. hazzarazza

hazzarazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I'm new to the forums and am having problems with my PS2 and Xbox on my Samsung LE32A41B, the main problem is they looked better going through GAME scart cables on my old £150 TV.

The Samsung has only been used for the PC and DVD's until now, as my old TV decided enough was enough and stopped working completely.

Could anyone recommend which cables I should use, or is there anyway I can connect component cables to this TV? It has no component inputs, but has DVI and VGA.

Thanks for any help,

Razza

2. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    For X-Box the answer is easy if not that cheap - get it modded, import a set of the official High Def Component Cables from the USA & an application that switches the machine from UK to NTSC. The picture is stunning !

For PS2 you could also experiment with a mod & some component cables? I understand however that there are nowhere near as many Progressive Scan games as there are on the X-Box. The RGB Scart output is supposed to be very well implemented on the PAL model, are your leads definately RGB or are they composite (Eugghhhh) ?

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Hazza said his TV doesn't have Component in (very odd) so he'll need some sort of converter. Luckily I think those do exist, but they'll cost you!

4. hazzarazza

hazzarazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thats the only real problem I have with this TV, no component inputs.

I guessing it will be best for me to just get another TV for my gaming then. Can you recommend anything to use for the Xbox/PS2?

5. rexuk

rexuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    softmod your xbox and buy a X2VGA pack from NEOYA and plug it into the VGA port.

6. Huppe

Huppe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    X2vga does not work with Samsung LE32R51B and I think it will not work with model you suggested, either.

Signal is not supported, says Sammy.

Anyway, high def avkit is the answer, component signal looks very nice also.