Xbox PS2 Emulator?

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
If I buy a chipped Xbox, is there any kind of PS2 emulator software so my wife can play Tomb Raider? Or maybe PC emulator?

If not, what is the best solderless modchip for the PS2 that will allow me to play NTSC games?

james.miller

Novice Member
no, never gonna happen.

www.xbox-scene.com

there are many modchips, all suited for different tastes. The executors are great chips - i have the 2.2lite. Take a look and read up on them before you do anything

james.miller

Novice Member
Originally posted by 2manyconsoles
emulation is tricky stuff, even the fastest pc's around can't emulate ps1/saturn games properly
yes they can. the problem with ps1 emulation not being 100% is software related, not hardware.

The problem with saturn emulation is documentation. Or to be precise, the lack of. Progress is very slow in that area, but they are at least making progress.

gt2 on the ps1 emulated on my pc ran along at blistering speeds lol. it used to be damn fun trying to play that at >200fps:)

Pulsar

I haven't used a PS1 emu for ages. I found Bleem wouldn't boot on my newer system with Windows XP. What emu are you using James?

Cheers

Rob

james.miller

Novice Member

Indiana Jones

I dont think there are any solderless modchips mate, the only way I know of to play imports/backups without a chip is to use Action Replay, an original game with a big file size and a knife/credit card to manually open the disc draw, its quite dodgy and if you get it wrong you can really mess up your PS2, that is why I stopped doing it and got a none swap disc modchip installed, cost me about £90 last christmas and has worked perfectly ever since.

james.miller

Novice Member
there are solderless modchips. quite a few different types actually.

james.miller

Novice Member
off the top of my head - executor 2.3b lite plus

Solar

Originally posted by 2manyconsoles
emulation is tricky stuff, even the fastest pc's around can't emulate ps1/saturn games properly
naah they are emulated 110% now
here is me with tekken3 on epsxe (see pic) with all settings on high (anti alias, texture smoothing etc)
some games do need to have settings changed from time to time but either way both are now emulated better than the original system themselves. they still havent solved the wobbly backgrounds though
running this at 200fps is crazy lol but still playing better than the ps1 itself

james.miller

Novice Member
duox modchip? never heard of it. My advice is to avoid it.

Indiana Jones

I was recommending the site for the PS2 modchip, not the xbox modchip as I dont see any point in getting a modchip for the xbox when it can be exploited to run imports/backups without even having to open up the case.