1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox - Projector - Cables - Please advise

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chaosad, Aug 4, 2004.

1. chaosad

chaosad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to all, i hope you can set me straight - I am going to buy a Infocus X1 projector, it will mainly be used with my unchipped Xbox for games & DVDs. I was gonna get the adapter thing from this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20385&item=8122406891&rd=1

Then use a component to S video adapter to run S video into the projector, would people think this is the best method to get the best picture?
    (p.s. if people are so kind to reply, could they use lamens terms as much as poss, im still learning all this)

Thanks In advance to all

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If possible its best to use the projectors component inputs? It would be unusual if the proj didnt have component in? The best cable for the X-box is the Monster connection cable available in S-vid, Component and RGB scart configurations.

3. chaosad

chaosad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks thunder, appreciated.

4. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the eBay connector you refrenced but sent it back as the picture quality was poor. You best bet with your projector and get your XBox chipped and buy a Microsoft HD kit to output progressive scan images. It does make a significant difference to your gaming experience.