1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox & projection

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by steve tyler, Feb 4, 2002.

1. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    quote xbox.com

Some televisions, especially front- or rear-projection TVs, can be damaged if any video games, including Xbox games, are played on them.

can anyone throw some light on why this might be because its got me thinking as i plan too take this route myself.cheers steve.:confused:

2. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats pretty much the standard disclaimer included with all consoles.

There was an article in Home Cinema Choice about Screen Burn, altough it was more geared towards the Logos you get on digital channels being burned onto you screen.

I asked this question a while ago, please read the following thread :
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25673

Hope that helps.

Anne

3. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    ok Anne,I understand a little more now after reading the other posts,cheers.

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your daughter was good in Lord of the rings.

S

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ot a 42WH18B a rear projection TV that i am retty sure is CRT. I have a lot of game consoles and play a LOT! of games. I know this probably too specific but how long can i play at a time? without killing my new £2000 TV :/

6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like junk to me. Your console will be putting out a signal designed for a TV so shouldn't damage it. The usual screen burn problems are a factor of course but that depends on the game.

S

7. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    In general you should be fine.
    What you have to look out for is really bright, static parts of the image.
    If, for instance you were playing an endurance race in GT3 that was going to last you 4 hours and the dials are white I would take the precaution of knocking down the contrast (white level) a bit before play.
    Same if you were playing a fps for a few hours and there were static bright elements on the screen - just be a little careful.
    If you can remove any static elements or keep moving them around, then all the better.
    I wouldn't worry about games where you're constantly going in and out of menus (beat-em-ups for example) - that's enough variation of image to give the phosphor a rest.

HCPC users can make use of software (dscaler or YXY) to move the image around the screen (1 pixel every couple of seconds). That's how I get around the problem.

Hope that helps
    Alex