a pc and if so what cable do you need and where can i get one

would the Xbox provide a better picture than my dvd player
in progressive mode

would the cable be three phono component conections
or would it be a pc type monitor plug

thanks for you help

L

larry_1000000

I did not know the xbox had progressive output.
I bought the high resolution kit from "Game" yesterday for my newly acquired projector but have not got the xbox dvd player kit.

Is the dvd player part of the xbox good? We tried "Halo" and something else and they looked good but have never tried the xbox in dvd mode.

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
what projector.?
Also, Xbox only does progressive on US machine (or a chipped UK machine with a little help) and as stated above only progressive for games and not DVDs..

N

neo-uk

the new sony vpl10 or 11ht but would this work on any projector with a data port like a pc monitor

my xbox is chiped so can it play prog with a chiped player and how ???

N

neo-uk

the new sony vpl10 or 11ht but would this work on any projector with a data port like a pc monitor

N

neo-uk

Messiah

OK, firstly XBox progressive out is for games only and NOT DVDs as mentioned previously in this thread. To get progressive out from a UK XBox it will need to be chipped and then you will need to use the Video Select CD to set it to NTSC mode.

You will then need to set 480p or 720p (or 1080i) output from the video select option screen and also be using the Hi Def kit which is a connection lead with XBox connector one end and RGB phono connectors the other end. It also has a digital optical connector for sound output.

So in summary you will need

Chipped XBox
Video Select CD
Correct settings
Hi Def kit
Viewing device capable of Prog scan input (component phono input)

and this will give you PS for games ONLY not for DVds.

DVDcake

Originally posted by Messiah
OK, firstly XBox progressive out is for games only and NOT DVDs as mentioned previously in this thread. To get progressive out from a UK XBox it will need to be chipped and then you will need to use the Video Select CD to set it to NTSC mode.

What's the best way/place to get a UK Xbox chipped and get hold of the Video Select CD?

Originally posted by DVDcake

What's the best way/place to get a UK Xbox chipped and get hold of the Video Select CD?

I got my video select cd via the #xbox-iso channel on the efnet irc network. For places to get it chipped, head to www.baldbouncer.co.uk. And despite what people say, modding the xbox is not illegal.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom