Xbox power issues

mr squizzer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi my Xbox one keeps suddenly turning off while playing games.It seems to take around an hour of play time and then turns off as if I’ve pulled the power supply out of the wall.Im thinking it’s an over heating problem but can’t decide if it’s the Xbox or the power block.
Has anyone had this problem or has any ideas what to try.
Thanks

Hi my Xbox one keeps suddenly turning off while playing games.It seems to take around an hour of play time and then turns off as if I’ve pulled the power supply out of the wall.Im thinking it’s an over heating problem but can’t decide if it’s the Xbox or the power block.
Has anyone had this problem or has any ideas what to try.
Thanks
I had the same issue but I did have an over heating message pop up when I turned it back on.

Yeah I got that same message but can’t work out if it’s the power brick or the Xbox.How did you resolve your problem.
Cheers

Yeah I got that same message but can’t work out if it’s the power brick or the Xbox.How did you resolve your problem.
Cheers

I stripped it down and replaced the thermal paste on the chip. I'm guessing whoever made mine at the factory was having a "can't be ar*ed" day as half of the thermal pads were off centre too.

It is tricky to do and there's no guarantee it'll fix it.

Do a quick search for replacing thermal paste on xbox one x on youtube, here and reddit. You'll find some helpful how to guides / more info.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom