1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox poor visual with pixel plus???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by deadscoob, Aug 23, 2004.

1. deadscoob

deadscoob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't seem to get a decent picture running my xbox on a philips pixel plus set. Have mucked about with all the settings but the picture can either have bad smudging or lines within the graphics, especially on characters. Thought it may be the std scart cable, so bought an advanced one and no different.

It was fine on my old sony tv - are there any peculiar settings when using pixel plus tvs, or is it a generic problem caused by the set?

TV is fine in normal terrestrial, satellite or dvd viewing......

Thanks in advance

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does Pixel Plus run at 100Hz? That could be what's causing the poor picture.

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    I've got a 100hz Pixel plus TV (the 9607) and I have no problems such as you are describing.

I'm using an advanced Scart into the RGB socket.

Maybe its one of your settings? I tweaked mine a fair bit when I got it with all the Active control gubbins and all that. A search back on the TV forum could be useful if you need to do the same...

4. rubberducker

rubberducker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have got my xbox connected through Advanced RGB on my Phillips Pixel Plus and the picture has always been terrible. so much so i am never going to buy another phillips product.

is there a way to make this better? what should i search under in the TV forum.?

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Can you switch off the pixel plus processing? I know it can be done on some Philips sets. Also some sets have a 'demo' mode where it shows half the screen which whatever 'picture enhancement' system the tv has and the other half with all post processing modes turned off, try running this with your xbox on to see what 'mode' will give the best results