1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox & plasma?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by baccus, Aug 17, 2004.

1. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might be a silly question but is there a way of viewing my xbox on my new Panasonic TH37PB30 plasma in a higher quality than with the scart lead that comes with the xbox? I have a PC input on the tv, does this mean i can buy some sort of convertor and watch in higher quality thru this?? I'm new to all this so don't laugh if i'm talking thru my backside!!!

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  3. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I will be after one for the weekend.

5. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've looked everywhere and can't find one on the net anywhere?? I'm restricted slightly because the PC i'm using is at work and filters any sites with 'game' in the title. Any ideas where in the UK i can go, that delivers within a day or so??

6. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  7. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the High Definition feature only supported in the NTSC format? You need to modify PAL units to use HD connectivity, with all the good things that go with this such as warranty and XBL issues.

8. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    As above, High Definition is disabled on PAL xbox's - if you have to have it, you will need to either:-

a) Obtain an NTSC machine
    or
    b) Go down the modchip/exploit route

Sorrt to be the bearer of bad news... :(

K.

9. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Actually - I thought you could use the high def. pack - but you won't get a high def picture - but it should be better than using scart (as it's component).

Correct ????

ZedZed

10. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Well as a long time anti-chipper I relented last week and fitted one of those non solder chips

My advice to anyone with a plasma and an XBox is to get your box chipped and get the high def kit

Whats the point of spending £2000+ on a decent TV and not making the best use of it

The graphical difference is outstanding - fantastic - its like going from 640 res to 1024 on a PC

11. Damnyoureyes

Damnyoureyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The hi def will output 525i/480i i think on it's own for PAL xboxes to get the 480p and above you need to mod either chip it or via a soft mod.

You can soft mod your XBox via one a game save hack have a look on xbox-scene
    http://www.xbox-scene.com

www.lik-sang.com

for the high def pack and a usb lead so you can plug it into your pc and make your memory card an action replay card.

transfer the saved game with the hack onto your pc go into the game load the hacked saved game file and then run the video changer.

You can still use live no problemo

I'm just in the process of doing this all at the moment will get back to you all when I'm done but even just the high def pack makes it look better more detail and colours are better.

12. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my xecuter lite chip in the post this morning and will be fitting tomorrow and will be ordering my hi def pack for the weekend. Will this chip enable me to use the hi def pack or will i have to upgrade the OS for EvolutionX so that the settings can be changed. Starting to get very confused*?!!*