Xbox One X question - to factory reset or not to factory reset?

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
I‘m thinking of selling my son’s Xbox One X Gears of War Edition (DISC console). He’s hardly played it and doesn’t mind me doing so as he’s after PS5 (aren’t we all? :D ).

I’d prefer not to completely factory reset as it will delete the digital Gears of War games that have been downloaded onto the console. Instead I have deleted the Xbox user accounts on the console and also removed the credit card details that I had attached to his account Etc.

If I leave as it is, the games are on there and I’m assuming the new owner can play them when they sign In with their own X-Box user account?

QUESTION IS IF THIS SAFE OR AM I REALLY BEST TO FACTORY RESET AND LOSE THE GAMES to prevent possible identity fraud? Thanks.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Digital games are tied to the account that purchased or redeemed them. The buyer won't be able to play them unless you leave it as Home Console which means any purchases your son does going forward would appear on his old console.

Full factory reset would be my suggestion.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Thanks @King Tones

Supposing my son never uses that Xbox account again? He has gone full PS and never really took to Xbox (Despite previously asking for one!). I think he’s PlayStation all the way now and can’t see him going back to Xbox.

I think I will just do a full reset then (just to be safe). Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom