Question Xbox one X no sound on LG B6 OLED

Unclefishboy73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, as of Friday my Xbox one x stopped playing any sound through my LG B6 OLED tv. It was working fine the night before but then on Friday nothing. It’s on standard hdmi to the tv and the tv outputs to a surround sound amp via optical but even without the amp and trying the tv speakers there’s no sound, dash or games. The only way to hear sound is through headphones on the game pad or running the optical cable straight to my surround system, which is a pain as having to change the optical over all the time.

I know there are Atmos issues with some lgs but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It actually meant I bought a replacement Xbox thinking (and being told by ms customer support) that the Xbox was faulty, and the second one was exactly the same! Help!

You may have better luck asking in the B6 owners thread, at least their someone with exactly the same setup can test and let you know if they have issues too. No doubt a few should have a One X console.

LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

You've probably tried the usual; make sure both the TV and console are up to date, use the HDMI lead that came with your console, trying a different cable, switch to another HDMI input on your TV.

Have you tried a totally different source from your Tv's optical port?

Worth checking your Tv settings and double checking your Xbox ones. I'm assuming it's something on the TV side but check both to be sure.....

It could be that your optical port on the TV is broken...

I have an older LG OLED (EF950) but I would imagine the settings will be similar. I have my Xbox One X into the TV via HDMI then an optical connection from the TV to a Sonos PlayBar.

On the Xbox One X I have the audio output set to;

HDMI Audio : Bitstream Out
Bitstream Format : Dolby Digital

On the TV, I have the following sound settings;

Audio Out (Optical/HDMI Arc)
Digital Sound Out : Auto
SIMPLINK : On

Hi, as of Friday my Xbox one x stopped playing any sound through my LG B6 OLED tv. It was working fine the night before but then on Friday nothing. It’s on standard hdmi to the tv and the tv outputs to a surround sound amp via optical but even without the amp and trying the tv speakers there’s no sound, dash or games. The only way to hear sound is through headphones on the game pad or running the optical cable straight to my surround system, which is a pain as having to change the optical over all the time.

I know there are Atmos issues with some lgs but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It actually meant I bought a replacement Xbox thinking (and being told by ms customer support) that the Xbox was faulty, and the second one was exactly the same! Help!

I have a 2017 LG 55OLEDB7 and something similar happened to me on one, then a second HDMI input. At first I thought the HDMI3 input had gone bad. But after switching to HDMI4 the same thing occurred.

I believe this was triggered by a message onscreen that stated that the port was switching to HDR mode and that I might lose sound while this was happening.

I was able to restore sound by doing a couple of things. I had to reset the picture settings for that port and also test the sound settings. Testing sound settings results in a switch back to the internal speaker for the test.

I haven’t spent enough time testing to figure out which one did the trick - but I might not get the chance to do so for a few more days and wanted to respond while I had the time.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom