Answered Xbox One X, LG OLED65B7 and Arcam AVR850

t-force

Hi guys,

Mods - please accept my apologies if this is best served in a different forum:

I took delivery today of a lovely shiny LG 65OLEDB7, and a beautiful beast it is too. At this point in time, my only 4K source is my Xbox One X, which I've had for a week. It's hooked up to my Arcam AVR850, and that in turn feeds the HDMI2 socket on the LG OLED.

This evening, I've been trying to get the One X to talk nicely to the TV, but it just doesn't seem to want to play ball: if I DON'T enable Deep Colour for HDMI2 on the TV, it will display a 4K image, but then it says that my TV doesn't support HDR. If I DO enable Deep Colour, then it refuses to display a 4K image at all, and then tells me that my TV doesn't support 4K.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Cheers.

t-force

Right - have tried connecting straight from the One X to the TV, and all the settings are ticked, which presumably means that my amp is doing something it shouldn't...

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Its the amp not passing HDR probably? I had the same problem as have quite a few people.

t-force

Thanks to @nabob over on the Receiver forum, I found out that the particular input I was using on the amp didn’t pass HDR. The others do, so I’m using a different input, and all works well!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom