Question Xbox one X in another room via powerlines.

H3nd0

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my xbox one X currently sits in the livingroom but if I wanted to play in another room would this be possible through a powerline adaptor. As running cables is a lil awkward as I live in a upside downhouse so livingroom is on 1st floor and bedrooms is ground levels.

Distance between tv up and down would be about 5 meters by straight cable through the floor but it' awkward to drill and not directly under each other the bedroom tv sits under kitchen units going up through the ceiling..

Thanks.

Iv'e got powerlines like them. But what I want is a video solution so I can leave my xbox in the livingroom but play in my bedroom. As my controller will still work etc..

Not sure you can transfer 4K over power lines, you’ll probably have to run HDMI or Cat6 and use Baluns

Yeah that would require running cables, you can stream from Xbox to a PC, it's not that great to be honest, how well it works depends a lot on the kind of games you play.

Alternatively buy an XB1S as the backup console and use it for the other room, your digital purchases will work across both with the XB1X being the home console, the XB1S will have to be online for games to work though and of course this means downloading games more than once.

For the price of extending that signal from the X depends on a number of factors.

Are you wanting to send the hdmi signal to another 4K hdr tv ?

Can be really expensive doing that.

If it’s not a 4k hdr tv your attempting to get the X on could create problems as the resolution output on the X would need to be changed to view on second tv.

& even then, you’d struggle to get s cheap 4K hdr hdmi splitter that would still enable hdr video & gaming onto tour existing tv & extended tv.

I’d consider a cheaper Xbox One S in the other room .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom