Xbox One X: Frequently Asked Questions - with Answers!!!

All I want to know is do old unpatched games get access to the increased power so get better frame rates etc. Like the boost mode on PS4 pro.

All I want to know is do old unpatched games get access to the increased power so get better frame rates etc. Like the boost mode on PS4 pro.

I can't answer you with absolute certainty, but I think the answer is yes - even unpatched games will run better, and in some cases look better. Battlefield 1 springs to mind...this hasn't been patched/enhanced for the X (yet!) but as it uses a dynamic resolution scaler (which now scales up to a higher res due to the extra grunt the X has) it looks and runs a lot better on the X.

Maybe worth a bump and some info added for Network Transfer or USB HDD Transfer ?

Happy to add mate, but I'm not particularly au fait with the network transfer stuff. Do you want to add as a reply and I'll paste into to original post?

Yes. Every single unpatched game gets access to extra power which lets it run at higher framerates if there are dips on the XB1 version, higher res if the game is dynamic res, and 16*AF is automatically applied to improve texture details. That is across the board.

It is far better than "boost mode" on the Pro. It is just an automatic improvement. It isn't magic, its not going to suddenly make games look 4K without a patch. But it will improve them - the degree to which it does will vary by game.

Yes. Every single unpatched game gets access to extra power which lets it run at higher framerates if there are dips on the XB1 version, higher res if the game is dynamic res, and 16*AF is automatically applied to improve texture details. That is across the board.

It is far better than "boost mode" on the Pro. It is just an automatic improvement. It isn't magic, its not going to suddenly make games look 4K without a patch. But it will improve them - the degree to which it does will vary by game.

Bloody fanboy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks. As long as the old games get access to the better gfx chip then that is good enough. Bought one this morning [emoji106]

Bloody fanboy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Boost mode on PS4 Pro can be turned "on and off" as it can cause issues. It only boosts dynamic resolution or framerate and loading times.

Compare to X where boost mode isn't even a thing. The console is just a "boost mode" that improves unpatched games automatically. It boosts any dynamic resolution/framerate and loading times. Plus adds 16*AF automatically for better textures.

#fanboy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom